Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
First Term Free at Walden! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: First Term Free at Walden! (/Thread-First-Term-Free-at-Walden)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - SweetSecret - 12-02-2018

Is Walden setting people up with emails on Gmail? I am seriously maxed out on storage space everywhere. I was actually thinking I might need to sign up for another cloud drive today and move things around just to make some space. If they are doing Email with Gmail accounts though that could be great! Or I could just sign up for another Gmail on my own... not like I don't already have four accounts already so what's the difference between a fifth.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - videogamesrock - 12-02-2018

The first course in the sequence appears to be for zero credit. Does anyone know if you can just jump around and choose your courses or must you go with whatever they provide you in their order?

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - Ideas - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 06:40 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: The first course in the sequence appears to be for zero credit.  Does anyone know if you can just jump around and choose your courses or must you go with whatever they provide you in their order?

They told me you can jump around. (But I'm guessing you can't do the capstone whenever you want.)

(12-02-2018, 07:31 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 06:40 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: The first course in the sequence appears to be for zero credit.  Does anyone know if you can just jump around and choose your courses or must you go with whatever they provide you in their order?

They told me you can jump around. (But I'm guessing you can't do the capstone whenever you want.)

Good to know, because there are a couple of courses that look like torture to me.  I guess we will see tomorrow how it goes.

I'm having second thoughts about doing this. (Walden, maybe you should speed up the process for some students. If I were already enrolled, I would feel worse about withdrawing.)

I'm having trouble deciding between just doing it, since it might not be offered again, or waiting. If I wait, they might offer the same deal with more choices, and it might be better timing in my life. Now isn't bad on timing, but not good.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - eriehiker - 12-02-2018

Don't worry about it, Ideas. Just give it a try and if you don't like it, just stop.

(12-02-2018, 07:56 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Don't worry about it, Ideas.  Just give it a try and if you don't like it, just stop.

If I'm in, then I'm in and want to complete 6-8 courses Smile

Otherwise, I'll just hope to get the chance another time.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - bjcheung77 - 12-02-2018

For me, I'm waiting for that "other time" when they get their kinks worked out... I think they'll have a special next year around the same time, I think they'll have scholarships every now and then... Hopefully, when I sign up then, they won't have any hiccups... I reread their reviews and the main ones that caught my eye were the 2 stars or below.

Link: https://www.gradreports.com/colleges/walden-university/doctoral/psychology?pid=12000&lvl=16&page=1

2 out of 5
miffed1 - December 20, 2015
Degree: Health/Medical Psychology
Graduation Year: 2018

WAs offered first term free scholarship, started the program and three weeks in I was thrown to collections for the $5700 unpaid tuition. My advisor and the collections department within student financial services both acknowledge the offer, but state they cannot figure out who pays it or how, or even when. The scholarship has disappeared.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - ReyMysterioso - 12-02-2018

Well that review doesn't sound promising. I don't graduate from COSC till the end of December, but am trying to apply anyway. The chatbot/person, told me with my graduation date, i'd be eligible in January. I asked if the Free Term offer would be good for that January start date. They said "It's very popular. I'm sure we will offer the free term again. Probably in January."
Think it's just a hook with bait to rope you in, so you don't read the fine print and realize you'e on the hook for tuition?

It's very popular? Yeah, free graduate school should be very popular. As far as I can tell, if you aren't starting on 12/3 then you are not getting it until they post it again.