Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation (/Thread-TESU-Degree-Audit-Changes-with-no-explanation)

TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - hrriggs03 - 11-30-2018

I am having MAJOR issues and confusion with TESU. Last night I went to my degree audit to make sure I had planned out all of my courses before I sent my final transcripts in. Last night, it said that I had 35.33 left. That's what I agreed with as well. I had sent an email to confirm I had taken the correct number of UL AOS Classes and the advisor responded (Patty) and then when I went and looked it had 37.33. I emailed to ask why it changed and then when I went back in to write a formal email and include screen shots it had that I needed 40!?! 

What is happening?? Had anyone EVER had this happen? I was planning on a March graduation and now I feel like everytime I think I am there it's going to change!

What should I do?

RE: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - davewill - 11-30-2018

By "degree audit" I assume you mean your academic evaluation. Were you able to pinpoint where the discrepancy was exactly? It will be very hard to analyze without knowing that. The most common reason for this kind of thing is asking some seemingly innocuous question of advising and having them change your eval when you didn't ask them to.

Example, "Could I use XYZ course in GenEd Electives?" then they just move it for you rather than answer.

P.S. I always used to save copies of my eval, partly for this kind of reason, and partly because I liked to review it without having to log in all the time.

RE: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - allvia - 11-30-2018

It sounds like they may be actively moving things around. When did you apply - is this your first evaluation?

RE: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - cookderosa - 11-30-2018

The decimals in there makes me ask if you brought in courses from a college using quarters instead of hours? That's sometimes the reason you'll see that, but I wouldn't panic just yet- see if you can find what they did - that will help you ask the right questions.

RE: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - dfrecore - 11-30-2018

Like davewill said, save a copy of your eval when you determine it is "right." Then, if they move things around, you can see what happened and have them change it back.

Also as davewill said, they routinely move things when you just ask a question (that wasn't "can you move this course here?"). So, figure out what happened, make any changes needed, download a copy, and then work from there.

And, I almost forgot - is this your first eval? If so, they may still be adding/subtracting, reviewing courses; so they may not have completely finished looking at all of your transcripts. If it's your first one, give it a week or so, so that they can finish before you do anything.

RE: TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation - hrriggs03 - 11-30-2018

I’m back. Luckily, they called and fixed it all after a few emails. It wasn’t my first eval but they did exactly as you all said - they moved stuff and it was out of place. I panicked a little but this forum is always so helpful. Thank you!