Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
COSC no letter grade SL - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: COSC - Charter Oak State College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-COSC-Charter-Oak-State-College-Discussion)
+--- Thread: COSC no letter grade SL (/Thread-COSC-no-letter-grade-SL)

Pages: 1 2

COSC no letter grade SL - homeschoolmom1 - 12-05-2018

If you do not want a letter grade from SL courses when you transfer to COSC (because you barely passed). Can you transfer through ACE? What is the story with study.com classee? Is there a letter grade for those if transferred directly? If so, is there the option to transfer through ACE?

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - Merlin - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 09:26 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: If you do not want a letter grade from SL courses when you transfer to COSC (because you barely passed). Can you transfer through ACE? What is the story with study.com classee? Is there a letter grade for those if transferred directly? If so, is there the option to transfer through ACE?

I believe any courses transferred directly to COSC will earn a letter grade (from both SL and SDC) but if you go through ACE they will come in as credit without a grade.

I almost went to COSC just so I could get the graded credits. IMO, having graded credits is handy for GPA purposes so your GPA isn't based solely on your capstone. Having the graded credits may also be helpful if one wants to go on to a masters program later. Though stuff like that can be worked around in other ways.

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - homeschoolmom1 - 12-05-2018

I guess it can go both ways, increasing or decreasing your GPA. I like ASU earned access, you only pay after you know your grade. No harm in trying (and maybe doing poorly), financially or with a bad grade "on the books". Wasn`t there something that COSC only accepts credits from study.com directly and not any more through ACE?

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - dfrecore - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 10:16 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Wasn`t there something that COSC only accepts credits from study.com directly and not any more through ACE?

That's TESU

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - homeschoolmom1 - 12-05-2018

Ok, thanks.

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - triforce828 - 12-05-2018

My daughter received a B in SL US Gov't class and didn't want the grade on her COSC transcript so she used the ACE transcript. It transferred in as a "Pass."
Her COSC transcript says she earned a 4.0 GPA.

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - cookderosa - 12-06-2018

(12-05-2018, 09:26 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: If you do not want a letter grade from SL courses when you transfer to COSC (because you barely passed). Can you transfer through ACE? What is the story with study.com classee? Is there a letter grade for those if transferred directly? If so, is there the option to transfer through ACE?

All of my son's SL courses are only credit because we did it that way. So, yes you can.

I think, though haven't confirmed, that you could cherry pick the higher grades and have them sent through SL to COSC. But, for sure ACE comes in pass/fail. (technically will only come in as pass since there is no way to put a failing grade on your ACE transcript lol)

Edit- as I sit here, I'm thinking about having SL send my son's As and Bs over to COSC and request a re-eval of those courses. We didn't do it initially because he got many Cs and I didn't want to mess with it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. I'll update if we can do this or not.

____

Done- I've selected the SL courses for his transcript and sent the request. I sent an email to COSC advising. We'll see what they say. He has 21 SL courses finished, and I want grades for only 8 of them (ones that I think *could* be grad school graded credit prereqs later- I told them as much in the request)

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - davewill - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 11:25 PM)cookderosa Wrote: ...
Edit-  as I sit here, I'm thinking about having SL send my son's As and Bs over to COSC and request a re-eval of those courses.  We didn't do it initially because he got many Cs and I didn't want to mess with it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.  I'll update if we can do this or not.

____

Done- I've selected the SL courses for his transcript and sent the request.  I sent an email to COSC advising.  We'll see what they say.  He has 21 SL courses finished, and I want grades for only 8 of them (ones that I think *could* be grad school graded credit prereqs later- I told them as much in the request)

Are you sure the SL transcript won't just list everything despite your request?

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - cookderosa - 12-07-2018

(12-07-2018, 03:05 PM)davewill Wrote:
Edit-  as I sit here, I'm thinking about having SL send my son's As and Bs over to COSC and request a re-eval of those courses.  We didn't do it initially because he got many Cs and I didn't want to mess with it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.  I'll update if we can do this or not.

____

Done- I've selected the SL courses for his transcript and sent the request.  I sent an email to COSC advising.  We'll see what they say.  He has 21 SL courses finished, and I want grades for only 8 of them (ones that I think *could* be grad school graded credit prereqs later- I told them as much in the request)

Yes, that I'm sure of. You have to manually tick box the classes you want included. I rec'd a copy via email today and it had only the classes I selected.

RE: COSC no letter grade SL - jsd - 12-08-2018

(12-07-2018, 09:57 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 03:05 PM)davewill Wrote:

____

Yes, that I'm sure of. You have to manually tick box the classes you want included.  I rec'd a copy via email today and it had only the classes I selected.

Didn't one of dfrecore's kids (or was it someone else's?) have an issue with this? They selected specific courses, but SL goofed and sent EVERYTHING over, hurting their overall GPA?