Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? (/Thread-Upper-Division-Business-Credits-for-Excelsior)

Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? - jplot002 - 12-23-2018

Hi all,

I signed up on this site to be able to test out of as many classes as possible so that I can finish my degree with the lowest cost in the shortest time that makes sense.

I started off this journey with about 51 credits, which came from a year of college 9 years ago when I didn't know any better than to go along with it without a plan for how I was going to pay for it. I also have credits from Advanced placement tests, and some vocational classes I've taken in the meantime.

I just finished my first semester at Excelsior, and I'm getting more motivated now to knock down these requirements and get it all taken care of. 

One challenge that I'm looking at is the number of upper level business classes that I am required to take for the degree. The Strategic Management Capstone seems to be the only one that is absolutely required to be taken at Excelsior, yet I don't see where I would be able to get the other eligible Upper level business requirements from. 

Does anyone have any experience getting Upper Level business class requirements taken care of outside of Excelsior? Saylor, Straighteredge, CLEP, Study.com? 

Your help is appreciated,
Thanks.

I've attached a screenshot of my Excelsior planner which shows the requirements I have to meet to graduate. 

RE: Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? - dfrecore - 12-23-2018

The only one of those mentioned that EC will bring in as UL credit is Study.com. Davar Academy also has UL credits if you want a test-only option. UExcel's also have UL credit (and those are EC's own exams).

RE: Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? - jplot002 - 12-23-2018

Great. I just emailed my advisor to see which ones he recommends I take. I also recall seeing around here somewhere a $50 coupon for Study.com, and I believe most people try to get their 2 courses done within a month. So I'll make sure to implement that when I can get it all done in the right timeframe. 

Other than that, I've got like 10 classes I'll either do through Saylor or a Clep test. 

Looking forward to knocking off another 21-30 credits in the upcoming semester. Woo hoo.

RE: Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior? - dfrecore - 12-25-2018

Just an FYI, I don't think they will say "you can take XYZ course from Study.com." Instead, you would have to ask "does XYZ course from Study.com fulfill the requirement for this degree?"

Their job is not to tell you where you can go find courses somewhere else! Their job is to try to get you to take courses through them, so they probably won't be volunteering info to help you get your credits elsewhere.