Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS (/Thread-Study-com-Final-Exam-and-Mac-OS)

Pages: 1 2

Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - MrBossmanJr - 12-24-2018

Has anyone attempted to do a final exam on study.com on Mac OS (macbook pro)? I am curious as my PC currently does not have a webcam and my surface is indisposed currently.

Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - Merlin - 12-24-2018

The first few proctored exams I took were using my MacBook pro. I had no issues other than the annoyance of having to pick up the laptop to scan the room. That is what pushed me to get an external webcam. Smile

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - MrBossmanJr - 12-24-2018

Thanks, appreciate the quick follow-up.

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - Merlin - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 01:05 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Thanks, appreciate the quick follow-up.

No worries. Happy to help.

One thing to keep in mind, if you do elect to grab a webcam, be aware that Remote Proctor Now doesn't support external webcams on Mac's (well, any Mac that has its own built-in webcam anyway–which means any Mac except the Mac Pro and Mac Mini). The video works but the audio will sync improperly or may not work at all. I found this out when I purchased an external webcam to use with my MacBook Pro.

I ended up moving the webcam to my PC and started taking my tests using that instead. That works out better for me anyway since it has a larger monitor. Smile

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - armstrongsubero - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 12:02 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Has anyone attempted to do a final exam on study.com on Mac OS (macbook pro)? I am curious as my PC currently does not have a webcam and my surface is indisposed currently.

I took about half my exams on my macbook pro. It's no problem.

I dont update my surface frequently, I found everyone who update frequently runs into some problem.

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - Merlin - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:23 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 12:02 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Has anyone attempted to do a final exam on study.com on Mac OS (macbook pro)? I am curious as my PC currently does not have a webcam and my surface is indisposed currently.

I took about half my exams on my macbook pro. It's no problem.

I dont update my surface frequently, I found everyone who update frequently runs into some problem.

I almost never use my surface these days.

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - MrBossmanJr - 12-24-2018

My macbook pro hasn't been touched in over 2 years. The surface is so useful. Its sleeker and the tablet mode comes in handy, plus Windows OS supports more familiar applications. Just my opinion though.

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - armstrongsubero - 12-24-2018

Haha 2 years is a long time! I switch a lot. If I'm working with Python or Ruby then I use my MAC. I use windows for microcontroller and FPGA stuff cause it has the best support.

I use my surface for reading and if I'm learning a new library or something or following along with a book.

RE: Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - MrBossmanJr - 12-25-2018

Oooo, is coding in Python or Ruby better on the mac?

IT WORKED! I passed Advanced Technical Writing (79/100). I only have the capstone left.

Study.com Final Exam and Mac OS - Merlin - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 12:34 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Oooo, is coding in Python or Ruby better on the mac?

I find that coding for most languages is better on the Mac. Particularly if you're doing anything mobile related (iOS or Android anyway).