Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? (/Thread-SOS-110-Living-in-the-Information-Age-Test-Equivalent)

SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - retro - 12-24-2018

At Thomas Edison State University (TESU) starting at some point in 2019 SOS-110 Living in the Information Age (3cr) replaces TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies (1cr) as a required degree  component for all students. Is there a CLEP/DSST test or Study.com course (or the like) that can stand in for this? 

I have seen a number of threads on this but I don't think anyone has asked this specific question.

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - armstrongsubero - 12-24-2018

I didnt see anyone post any eqivalency.

I think everyone should try to do that cornerstone ASAP.

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - cookderosa - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 05:19 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I didnt see anyone post any eqivalency.

I didn't take the cornerstone at TESU- it wasn't a class when I attended, but I did take Living in the Information Age. It was a piece of cake.

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - armstrongsubero - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 08:49 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 05:19 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I didnt see anyone post any eqivalency.

I didn't take the cornerstone at TESU- it wasn't a class when I attended, but I did take Living in the Information Age. It was a piece of cake.

Thats cool. I just though the cornerstone was cheaper and took like an hour.

I didnt do that course though but if its easy thats good!

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - cookderosa - 12-25-2018

Yes!! (3 vs 1 is a pretty big $ difference) but just didn't want people to think it was "harder" it's just more expensive.

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - Ideas - 12-25-2018

I hate courses that are easy and expensive. If I paid, I want to learn!

RE: SOS-110 Living in the Information Age Test Equivalent? - dfrecore - 12-25-2018

This course is specific to TESU - you couldn't test out of it even if there was an equivalent; it becomes the cornerstone. Just like COSC requires a Cornerstone and Capstone be taken at their school, TESU will be requiring this in addition to the capstone. This will make TESU $700 more than it is now (they now require the 1cr $300 cornerstone course), and gives the edge to COSC on price by quite a bit.