Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: COSC - Charter Oak State College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-COSC-Charter-Oak-State-College-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC (/Thread-Obligatory-I-did-it-Graduation-Post-COSC)

Pages: 1 2

Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - ReyMysterioso - 01-02-2019

Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

I was able to go from nothing but a high school diploma in April to graduating with a BSBA in less than 8 months and under $5k!

A person is merely the sum total of every man and woman they've ever met. I had been teasing the idea of pursing an alternative degree pathway ever since I stumbled on Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks website almost two decades ago. My degree plan was made possible by mining this forum for information over and over and over again. So thanks to everybody who contributed bits and pieces of knowledge to this and similar forums, and blazing a trail for people like me to follow. This absolutely wouldn't have been possible without all the information presented here. I never thought I would ever get my degree, due to time, money, and age....but you guys with your degree-hacking skills made it a reality! You're awesome.

It's surreal. I still can't quite believe it. There's a lot of new year, new me tropes running around this time of year, but it truly does feel like a new horizon of possibilities has opened up. Thanks again for everything. If anyone ever wants info on my degree plan/pathway, I'm happy to offer my own insight and experience.

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - Supermind - 01-02-2019

Congratulations!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - davewill - 01-02-2019

[Image: baby-fist-pump-congratulations-meme.png]

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - gamebradie - 01-02-2019

Congratulations!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - TexasTink - 01-02-2019

Congrats! That's amazing!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - jsd - 01-02-2019

Congrats!!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - Idreamofadegree - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 02:30 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

I was able to go from nothing but a high school diploma in April to graduating with a BSBA in less than 8 months and under $5k!

A person is merely the sum total of every man and woman they've ever met. I had been teasing the idea of pursing an alternative degree pathway ever since I stumbled on Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks website almost two decades ago. My degree plan was made possible by mining this forum for information over and over and over again. So thanks to everybody who contributed bits and pieces of knowledge to this and similar forums, and blazing a trail for people like me to follow. This absolutely wouldn't have been possible without all the information presented here. I never thought I would ever get my degree, due to time, money, and age....but you guys with your degree-hacking skills made it a reality! You're awesome.

It's surreal. I still can't quite believe it. There's a lot of new year, new me tropes running around this time of year, but it truly does feel like a new horizon of possibilities has opened up. Thanks again for everything. If anyone ever wants info on my degree plan/pathway, I'm happy to offer my own insight and experience.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for not only achieving your degree but doing it an alternative route that takes MAJOR discipline and commitment!  I would love to hear more on your degree plan, pathway and experience.  Would you mind sharing your insight on where to begin for someone who is starting in the exact same position as you did in April?  I can't believe you did that so quickly by the way.... that's insane!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - cookderosa - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 02:30 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

Congratulations on finishing this very big accomplishment and good luck as you brave the new possibilities ahead!!!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - ashtonnewman - 01-03-2019

Congrats! Very happy for you!

RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - allvia - 01-03-2019

(01-02-2019, 07:08 PM)Idreamofadegree Wrote: A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for not only achieving your degree but doing it an alternative route that takes MAJOR discipline and commitment!  I would love to hear more on your degree plan, pathway and experience.  Would you mind sharing your insight on where to begin for someone who is starting in the exact same position as you did in April?  I can't believe you did that so quickly by the way.... that's insane!

FYI elbebopkid posted the details of the COCS degree earned and how here:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-COSC-No-CLEP-All-Online-BSBA-Degree-Transcript

& Congratulations to you elbebopkid! Great job Smile