Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
A.A.S Block Transfer - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: A.A.S Block Transfer (/Thread-A-A-S-Block-Transfer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A.A.S Block Transfer - mzcutie85 - 01-09-2019

Hello everyone.

This is my first post and I don’t know where to turn. I just completed an A.A.S in Administrative/Mgmt. Studies from Excelsior within 7 months thanks to this forum.

I am looking for a flexible school to complete the fastest Bachelors that I can get. Preferably an accelerated program. I will be using my Post 9/11.

I’ve tried Purdue, Liberty, SNHU, National U and I am not happy with the evaluations. At this point in my life I will even consider an NA school.

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - jsd - 01-09-2019

Have you considered continuing on with Excelsior or another of the Big 3?

Aside from that, WGU accepts AAS generally as a block transfer depending on your degree, buy it won't satisfy much since their degree plans involve so little gen ed.

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - MrBossmanJr - 01-10-2019

You can stick with a RA school with Thomas Edison State University! What kind of bachelors program you looking for?

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - cookderosa - 01-10-2019

(01-09-2019, 11:32 PM)mzcutie85 Wrote: Hello everyone.

This is my first post and I don’t know where to turn. I just completed an A.A.S in Administrative/Mgmt. Studies from Excelsior within 7 months thanks to this forum.

I am looking for a flexible school to complete the fastest Bachelors that I can get. Preferably an accelerated program. I will be using my Post 9/11.

I’ve tried Purdue, Liberty, SNHU, National U and I am not happy with the evaluations. At this point in my life I will even consider an NA school.

None of the big 3 will give you a block transfer with an AAS from Excelsior.
What exactly didn't you like about your eval?

A.A.S Block Transfer - mzcutie85 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 02:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:32 PM)mzcutie85 Wrote: Hello everyone.

None of the big 3 will give you a block transfer with an AAS from Excelsior.
What exactly didn't you like about your eval?

For example, out of my 64 credits from Excelsior Purdue only honored 23 credits.

(01-09-2019, 11:59 PM)jsd Wrote: Have you considered continuing on with Excelsior or another of the Big 3?

Aside from that, WGU accepts AAS generally as a block transfer depending on your degree, buy it won't satisfy much since their degree plans involve so little gen ed.

I am struggling at Excelsior. I’ve failed 3 upper level courses last year. I’m afraid of wasting my GI Bill at this school.

I will see about WGU and maybe their competency program would be a better fit.
TESU recognized all my credits but I'm afraid that I would struggle like I was at Excelsior.

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - bjcheung77 - 01-10-2019

Mzcutie85, you should be fine with TESU, just transfer your courses in for the BSBA or BALS. They only require 15 UL credits vs the 30 for Excelsior. You technically should get all your credits transferred over, you should copy/paste your evaluation from Excelsior into this thread so we can create a spreadsheet for you. We just need to see what courses you have taken and see if it applies to either degree.

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - mzcutie85 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Mzcutie85, you should be fine with TESU, just transfer your courses in for the BSBA or BALS.  They only require 15 UL credits vs the 30 for Excelsior.  You technically should get all your credits transferred over, you should copy/paste your evaluation from Excelsior into this thread so we can create a spreadsheet for you.  We just need to see what courses you have taken and see if it applies to either degree.

See Attached

Thanks

RE: A.A.S Block Transfer - bjcheung77 - 01-10-2019

I just skimmed through this, I think the courses should transfer fine into a BALS or you can go for a BSBA.
The main thing is, you get to complete classes faster and there are lesser Upper Level requirements at TESU.
You only need 18 Upper Level credits vs 30 at Excelsior. I would quickly apply and send them your transcripts ASAP.

BTW, are you an active service person? If you are, you should be able to get tuition discounts below.
Apply here, it should be free https://www.tesu.edu/military
Tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees

I think the TECEPS count toward residency, you need 24 credits, I recommend doing at least 7 easy TECEPS
The only course you need to take is the Capstone at TESU, the rest should come from CLEP/DSST/TECEP, etc.

A.A.S Block Transfer - harrypotter - 01-10-2019

New England College (NH) accepted my associate degree as a block transfer from Ashworth. You can finish in less than 14 months (by taking 2 courses per term)

A.A.S Block Transfer - mzcutie85 - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 07:36 PM)harrypotter Wrote: New England College (NH) accepted my associate degree as a block transfer from Ashworth. You can finish in less than 14 months (by taking 2 courses per term)

I spoke with a rep from New England College. He said that their courses are 4 credits.

I would need about 7 semesters to finish the bachelors program by taking 2 courses. It would take about 1 year to finish and that’s what I’m looking for to not waste the GI Bill.

I’m waiting for my evaluation so that may take a couple of days.