Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Uexcel practice & real exams - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: CLEP, DSST, and TECEP Exam Discussion. Also Modern States and InstantCert. (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-CLEP-DSST-and-TECEP-Exam-Discussion-Also-Modern-States-and-InstantCert)
+--- Thread: Uexcel practice & real exams (/Thread-Uexcel-practice-real-exams)

Uexcel practice & real exams - Cheeseburrito - 01-17-2019

Do you know how similar content wise the practice exams are to the real thing? Are questions from the same or a similar test bank?

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - Cheeseburrito - 01-27-2019

10 days left until my UExcel. Bumping this in hopes of getting some last minute tips Smile

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - HappyNurse35 - 01-28-2019

(01-27-2019, 04:52 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: 10 days left until my UExcel. Bumping this in hopes of getting some last minute tips Smile

Good luck with UExcel. I am studying for the full 6 credit A&P at the moment and giving myself until the end of February to test. Have you heard of Studygroup101? They make study guides that follow the exams ($10). They state to print out the content guide and study from there. From the online FB groups, they encourage taking the practice exams because it's similar and even harder than the actual exam. most people take practice exam A before studying, then take practice exam B.

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - Cheeseburrito - 01-29-2019

Yea, same. My exam is Feb 7th. I have the SG101 material and have been watching A&P videos. I think I am ready, but I'm just being irrationally nervous, as it's my personality. I also don't want to fail and have to pay the fees again. My goodness they're bananas.

I'm going to be taking part B tomorrow. Good luck on your exam!

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - Cheeseburrito - 02-09-2019

Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

This was a VERY difficult test and had the experimental questions been real I'm sure I would have failed.

I studied for about 2 months and felt very confident going into the test room, aside from the normal sweating and test anxiety. My tips would be:
1. Study more
2. Take the practice tests and content with a grain of salt. Don't memorize questions.
3. Know everything. Everything about the human body and every single action. It got real specific with things.
4. Do a 2 semester brick and mortar A&P class with labs instead.

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - vetvso - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

This was a VERY difficult test and had the experimental questions been real I'm sure I would have failed.

I studied for about 2 months and felt very confident going into the test room, aside from the normal sweating and test anxiety. My tips would be:
1. Study more
2. Take the practice tests and content with a grain of salt. Don't memorize questions.
3. Know everything. Everything about the human body and every single action. It got real specific with things.

I saw this thread and noticed they no longer have ACE certification. Do they have nationalccrs.org now?

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - mysonx3 - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 01:46 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

1. Study more

I saw this thread and noticed they no longer have ACE certification. Do they have nationalccrs.org now?

UExcel exams are RA credits, if I'm not mistaken. No need for ACE/NCCRS

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - vetvso - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 02:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:46 PM)vetvso Wrote:

1. Study more

UExcel exams are RA credits, if I'm not mistaken. No need for ACE/NCCRS
Thanks that's very interesting and I may also take a UExcel now.

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - Cheeseburrito - 02-10-2019

If you Google uexcel, a lot of other schools pop up saying they give credit for them based on Excelsior's recommended credit and grade system. So I think they're a decent option, if not an expensive one.

I would choose modern states cleps all day over any other credit option if it was available to me.

RE: Uexcel practice & real exams - HappyNurse35 - 02-10-2019

1. Study more

Congrats!!!