Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit (/Thread-DAU-Courses-Available-Online-and-For-College-Credit)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - koldplay24 - 02-02-2019

(02-02-2019, 10:24 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:13 PM)koldplay24 Wrote: Anyone know how some of these might transfer to the Big 3? I'm particularly interested in TESU.
I went ahead and took CMQ 100 (pre-req), 230, and 232. I think these should cover most UD Quality Management courses (APS-402 at TESU). Thoughts/Opinions?

https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/defense-acquisition-university/

Excelsior has an articulation agreement. I guess for tesu it would be a guessing game.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info! In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to give it a try with TESU and report back.  Smile

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - MNomadic - 02-03-2019

(01-29-2019, 03:57 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:59 PM)omuneek Wrote: Are DAU courses available to veterans?

I was looking at the site and it LOOKS like it's only for military, DOD and certain industry personnel. I'm currently inquiring further.

Well I applied for an account and was granted access. I then requested one of the courses and was given access. I am not currently associated with any organizations that use this system beyond being a veteran.

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - sanantone - 02-03-2019

(02-03-2019, 07:23 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

I was looking at the site and it LOOKS like it's only for military, DOD and certain industry personnel. I'm currently inquiring further.

Well I applied for an account and was granted access. I then requested one of the courses and was given access. I am not currently associated with any organizations that use this system beyond being a veteran.

You still have a .gov or .mil email address?

(02-03-2019, 08:09 PM)sanantone Wrote:

Nope.

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - Supermind - 02-03-2019

How exactly does this work? You complete tests online, or you go to a testing center?

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - sanantone - 02-03-2019

(02-03-2019, 08:32 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

Nope.

They approved you with a regular email address? Apparently, Coast Guard Auxiliary members have to take DAU courses if they're doing the AuxBuild program, but you can't get a .mil email address unless you're pretty high up. I have a Coast Guard employee ID number, but I wasn't going to apply with my personal email address because I figured it would be rejected. And, I definitely wasn't going to apply with the .gov email address I have for my state job.

(02-03-2019, 08:52 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 08:32 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 03:57 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I was looking at the site and it LOOKS like it's only for military, DOD and certain industry personnel. I'm currently inquiring further.

Nope.

They approved you with a regular email address? Apparently, Coast Guard Auxiliary members have to take DAU courses if they're doing the AuxBuild program, but you can't get a .mil email address unless you're pretty high up. I have a Coast Guard employee ID number, but I wasn't going to apply with my personal email address because I figured it would be rejected. And, I definitely wasn't going to apply with the .gov email address I have for my state job.

Yes.

Several of the courses are worth graduate credit at Excelsior. I wonder how they will transfer into their MBA or MPA program. The MPA program accepts up to 33 transfer credits. You're only required to take the capstone at Excelsior.

Edit: I see that Excelsior also offers an MS in Management now.

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - vetvso - 02-04-2019

I applied and will see if I get access.

RE: DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit - docmarvin - 02-04-2019

I started to check out few courses that I think might be helpful for my degree. I was looking at the PMT 355 - Program Management Office Course, Part A (3 SH UL for Ops Management). It has the following prerequisites:

ACQ 203 - Instructor Led (Prerequisites: ACQ 202 - Instructor Led)
BCF 110 - Distance Learning
ISA 101 - Distance Learning (ACE - 3SH)
LOG 103 - Distance Learning (ACE - 2 SH)
PMT 257 - Virtual Instructor Led (ACE - 3 SH); (Prerequisites: ACQ 203, EVM101, PMT 252)
ENG 201 - Distance Learning (ACE - 3 SH)

Question is, does anyone know if I will be able to request this course (PMT 355) without completing all of the prerequisites? It's not possible right now to complete those instructor led courses. Looks like too much requirement to earn a 3SH for OPM course.