Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! (/Thread-Trying-to-finish-up-my-degree-by-Summer)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - Sb2013 - 01-31-2019

What do u guys think of the saylor Corp. Communication class overall?? Super hard? Not bad??

I'm thinking to take it for my AOS for tesu communication degree. I need two UL classes for that area. I'm trying to take all the classes I can before I enroll in my capstone. I do know about the difficulty of finding the major classes....i still need comm theory and the mass communication 1 class to find elsewhere.

In trying to find where to take what and save time and money
Im gonna list what I have left and what I'm thinking to take, Hoping u guys will have some insight!

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - davewill - 01-31-2019

Saylor courses can be really hit or miss in terms of quality. Since you can start the course without paying anything, you might just want to start working on it. You'll quickly find out whether the course is well organized or not.

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - AMRH94 - 01-31-2019

I failed it by a wide margin just a few weeks ago. Crazy thing is that it seemed really straight forward and I was confident that I passed before hitting the submit button. No idea what happened. If you search there are a few past threads where people report passing it with little to no study. 

I ended up taking Business Communication through Study.com. Somewhat time consuming with all the quizzes plus three written assignments, but its really not too bad.

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - dfrecore - 02-01-2019

Study.com has several UL comm courses:

BUS 305: Leadership Communication
BUS 313: Organizational Communication (shortest)
BUS 324: Managerial Communication

Study.com TESU AOS/UL Communication courses - hollywoodeddie - 02-07-2019

(02-01-2019, 02:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Study.com has several UL comm courses:

Just want to confirm. The above classes can be used to complete the AOS level courses for the TESU BA Communication degree?

These are the remaining Group that I can take at study.com before having to take the TESU Mass Commuincation classes along with Lifelong Learning and Capstone.

Eddie

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - natshar - 02-07-2019

Sayloe corporate communication is now lower level. It used to count as upper level but now it counts as lower level

RE: Study.com TESU AOS/UL Communication courses - dfrecore - 02-08-2019

(02-07-2019, 05:03 AM)hollywoodeddie Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 02:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Study.com has several UL comm courses:

Just want to confirm. The above classes can be used to complete the AOS level courses for the TESU BA Communication degree?  

These are the remaining Group that I can take at study.com before having to take the TESU Mass Commuincation classes along with Lifelong Learning and Capstone.

Eddie

There's been confirmation on this forum that all 3 of these courses work in the BALS for sure.  I would double-check with TESU to make sure before taking anything when it's that important.

I would also ask if CSU-Global's COM325S Mass Communication and Society can be used in place of 1 of TESU's Mass Comm courses.  Only $250.

APU only charges $810 per course, and has 8-week courses, and has Mass Comm (LL) available.

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - Sb2013 - 02-10-2019

do anyone know if the study.com course, Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace, counts as oral communication at tesu? I'm a BA in communications and I've read on here for some people its counted. I did email my advisor but she skipped answering the question. Im going to ask again, just wondering if anyone has had gotten credit recently???

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - TexasTink - 02-10-2019

Yes, I had my transcripts sent in the last couple of months and Comm 120 counted as my oral communication requirement.

RE: Trying to finish up my degree by Summer! - Sb2013 - 02-12-2019

Thanks! I'm glad there's an option for oral comm besides public speaking! One more class at study.com to knock off my list!!