Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Saylor Academy Feedback - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Saylor Academy Feedback (/Thread-Saylor-Academy-Feedback)

Saylor Academy Feedback - collegeboy9 - 02-02-2019

Would like feedback from anyone that has taken the following courses through Saylor:
  • Sociology 101
  • Business Communication
  • Into to Probability and Statistics
  • Biology 101
  • PHIL 103 
Trying to determine which are the easiest to pass through Saylor I know some of there exams have issues and coursework can be all over the place.  I'm planning to transfer the credits into WGU so if any of these are a nightmare to take through Saylor I rather take them through WGU.

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - cookderosa - 02-02-2019

(02-02-2019, 04:28 PM)collegeboy9 Wrote: Would like feedback from anyone that has taken the following courses through Saylor:
  • Sociology 101
  • Business Communication
  • Into to Probability and Statistics
  • Biology 101
  • PHIL 103 
Trying to determine which are the easiest to pass through Saylor I know some of there exams have issues and coursework can be all over the place.  I'm planning to transfer the credits into WGU so if any of these are a nightmare to take through Saylor I rather take them through WGU.

People take classes through Saylor because they're free. You can do online proctoring for a whopping $25 - so the line up you have above costs no more than $125 all in. Through WGU you're looking at $3000 for a term.
I guess it's just figuring out if you have more time or money.

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - MNomadic - 02-02-2019

The sociology course on Saylor is only ACE recommended for 1 credit. You'd be best served finding an alternative source for that one(CLEP, SDC, etc.). Also, the Saylor psychology course is only 2 credits.

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - collegeboy9 - 02-02-2019

(02-02-2019, 05:55 PM)MNomadic Wrote: The sociology course on Saylor is only ACE recommended for 1 credit. You'd be best served finding an alternative source for that one(CLEP, SDC, etc.). Also, the Saylor psychology course is only 2 credits.

I'll be getting 3 CUS "credits" from WGU for the courses. https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.aspx?aid=15833&pid=72

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - MNomadic - 02-02-2019

Oh right, forgot you mentioned WGU

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - Supermind - 02-17-2019

Has anyone faced a situation with Saylor direct credit exams, where you know you have selected the right answer, but it mistakenly shows as the wrong answer during your final review? It happened to me today. 3 answers of mine were deemed wrong. I know for sure that two of them are right; the third was an ambiguous question. So, it could be argued either way. I even mentioned it to the ProctorU staff. They asked me to list the question numbers, and said they have taken note of it. Will Saylor do a revaluation and award me points, if I am right? Has anyone faced this situation before? Do I need to write to Saylor?

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - Ideas - 02-17-2019

(02-17-2019, 03:28 AM)Supermind Wrote: Has anyone faced a situation with Saylor direct credit exams, where you know you have selected the right answer, but it mistakenly shows as the wrong answer during your final review? It happened to me today. 3 answers of mine were deemed wrong. I know for sure that two of them are right; the third was an ambiguous question. So, it could be argued either way. I even mentioned it to the ProctorU staff. They asked me to list the question numbers, and said they have taken note of it. Will Saylor do a revaluation and award me points, if I am right? Has anyone faced this situation before? Do I need to write to Saylor?

There are many complaints about errors and ambiguities, especially on the Software Engineering and computer networking exams. At least one member of this forum was able to get points back after complaining to Saylor. I would write to Saylor. I doubt you would get points back if you only complain to ProctorU.

RE: Saylor Academy Feedback - Supermind - 02-17-2019

Thanks. Will write to Saylor.