Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com (/Thread-Feedback-on-OnlineDegree-com)

Pages: 1 2

Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Zataralos - 02-10-2019

Apologize if this as already been discussed but after a few  searches and can't seem to find what I need, so here it goes.

I've decided to pursue the BACS at TESU. I know many folks on this site push WGU for technical degrees but I plan on testing out most of the classes as I've been in software engineering for the last 25 years.

As I'm evaluating my approach (SL, SDC, Davar, etc.) I'm trying to figure out how OnlineDegree.com can be used. I see a list of courseware that equates to TESU classes (https://my.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TESU-OnlineDegree-Course-Mapping.pdf) but want to make sure these will truly be accepted for credits once I'm done.

Does anyone have any experience or provide feedback on using OnlineDegree.com to get free credits?

Btw- They mention using RPNow for proctored testing, is there a cost for the exams?

Thanks, trying to navigate this very interesting maze to my desired degree Smile

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Ideas - 02-10-2019

Their Python programming course meets the Intro Programming requirement.

Yes, $9 to RPNow.

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - mysonx3 - 02-10-2019

FYI, I recently found out from TESU that transfer map is NOT official and has at least one error (the Astronomy class should be AST-101). So you'll want to confirm about equivalencies and not go solely off the list

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Zataralos - 02-11-2019

(02-10-2019, 11:27 PM)Ideas Wrote: Their Python programming course meets the Intro Programming requirement.

Yes, $9 to RPNow.

Thanks, I didn't see that in their course-mapping assessment. How did you find out TESU would accept it? Did they confirm it for you or is there another resource online that lists it?

Btw - anyone know if the full course catalog for TESU is online? I'm trying to see the full list of courses that would count as Computer Science Electives Smile

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Ideas - 02-11-2019

Through forum threads. It's always good to check with TESU and have it planned into your degree, in case they change the equivalency later.

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - armstrongsubero - 02-11-2019

I'm in the BACS program right now ar TESU. I think the best option is WGU if you're a US citizen. Since with TESU you cant fully test out of the degree. With your experience you can finish the WGU degree in a term for lesser cost.

For UL options you can use Study.com, CSU global CBEs and TESU.

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - posabsolute - 02-11-2019

Zataralos I tried to respond to the question you sent me on private messages but you got those deactivated Wink

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - Zataralos - 02-11-2019

(02-11-2019, 07:58 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Zataralos I tried to respond to the question you sent me on private messages but you got those deactivated Wink

Sorry, must have been the default. I've turned it on now.

Thanks

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - dfrecore - 02-11-2019

WGU is still a better bet for the BACS degree. TESU will allow you to test out of most of the degree, but you'll have to take the cornerstone, capstone, pay the residency waiver, app fee, and grad fee at TESU, plus find Data Structures somewhere (unless you want to take it at TESU). So, your minimum cost at TESU will be $4,857. Add the cost for 114cr, including Data Structures.

At WGU, your minimum cost will be $3,520 for a single term, and that would include 30cr minimum. So you're only looking for 90cr to transfer in at most, and you can pick and choose what those will be (so choose the least expensive).

WGU is going to be your best bet by far. And your chance of actually "testing out" of courses you have 25 years of experience in is greater at WGU - because 75% of your credits are in the major, and 25% are in the GE (vs. about 50/50 at TESU).

RE: Feedback on OnlineDegree.com - quigongene - 02-11-2019

(02-11-2019, 11:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: WGU is still a better bet for the BACS degree. TESU will allow you to test out of most of the degree, but you'll have to take the cornerstone, capstone, pay the residency waiver, app fee, and grad fee at TESU, plus find Data Structures somewhere (unless you want to take it at TESU). So, your minimum cost at TESU will be $4,857. Add the cost for 114cr, including Data Structures.

At WGU, your minimum cost will be $3,520 for a single term, and that would include 30cr minimum. So you're only looking for 90cr to transfer in at most, and you can pick and choose what those will be (so choose the least expensive).

WGU is going to be your best bet by far. And your chance of actually "testing out" of courses you have 25 years of experience in is greater at WGU - because 75% of your credits are in the major, and 25% are in the GE (vs. about 50/50 at TESU).

Bear in mind that WGU doesn't take NCCRS credits, so using onlinedgree.com is out.