Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU- Admission - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU- Admission (/Thread-TESU-Admission)

Pages: 1 2

RE: TESU- Admission - ROYISAGIRL - 02-12-2019

He can NCPACE TESU even supports those courses. Have him talk with his ESO or NCPACE coordinator and while he's at it finish atleast one of his USMAP.

RE: TESU- Admission - MNomadic - 02-13-2019

Not sure if they even have NCPACE available for subs. It's not hard for larger ships that have hundreds or thousands of crew members to have some extra civilians to teach classes but a sub with a crew of 150 where crew members are "hot racking" (2 guys sharing 1 bunk) probably can't spare any room for a teacher who would need special clearances. Depending on the sub, the mission etc, they wouldn't take on extra/unnecessary personnel.

RE: TESU- Admission - dfrecore - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 11:53 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Not sure if they even have NCPACE available for subs. It's not hard for larger ships that have hundreds or thousands of crew members to have some extra civilians to teach classes but a sub with a crew of 150 where crew members are "hot racking" (2 guys sharing 1 bunk) probably can't spare any room for a teacher who would need special clearances. Depending on the sub, the mission etc, they wouldn't take on extra/unnecessary personnel.

You're right, I was thinking of a larger ship.  But I think they also have courses on CD-Rom, so you could take it without a teacher (at least, I think that's why they have, but I could be wrong).

RE: TESU- Admission - ROYISAGIRL - 02-13-2019

They do hard copy for some of them and the eso or e7 and above proctors any teat
test

RE: TESU- Admission - MNomadic - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 05:19 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: They do hard copy for some of them and the eso or e7 and above proctors any teat
test

True, that could potentially be coordinated with the appropriate person on his ship but that's mostly only available for general education classes. I think it would be easier and simpler to start knocking out the free tests(CLEP, DSST, and TECEP if he gets TA to cover it)whenever he has available time. He could honestly pass a handful of them now without even studying. Add in some independent studying and he could get through all the gen eds he'd need in the next few years, even if his schedule is very hectic (which as a nuke on a sub it most certainly is.)

RE: TESU- Admission - ROYISAGIRL - 02-13-2019

I definitely agree

RE: TESU- Admission - NeilK314 - 04-24-2024

(02-12-2019, 09:50 AM)kruxalk20 Wrote: Good day everyone,

Does anyone in here know what the advantages/disadvantages of enrolling with TESU as a regular student as appose to a military student? I am a few courses away from submitting my admission application.

Thank you very much in advance.

Enrolling at Thomas Edison State University (TESU) as a regular student offers straightforward admission and standard tuition rates, with access to a wide range of student services. This standard pathway is beneficial for students in various fields, including those pursuing a career in locksmithing, providing a comprehensive educational foundation without the complexities of military benefits.

For military students, TESU provides reduced tuition fees, greater course flexibility to accommodate service commitments, and specialized support services tailored to their needs. This setup can be particularly advantageous for military personnel looking to transition into civilian roles such as locksmithing, offering both technical training and support in managing the intricacies of military benefits and eligibility.

RE: TESU- Admission - bjcheung77 - 04-24-2024

@NeilK314, are you on a MAC? I updated the post and removed the funky fonts, I noticed you updated the post and removed the spam link and placed it into your profile as a URL...