Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Help with TESU BACS - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Help with TESU BACS (/Thread-Help-with-TESU-BACS)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Help with TESU BACS - NolaRice - 02-12-2019

(02-12-2019, 04:43 PM)darthweezy Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:31 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:30 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:28 PM)gams007 Wrote: How could that be possible if i try to enroll a couple of days ago, and they told me that i have to do the sos-110 course for 3 credits.

It depends on when they applied. If they did it last year, they would still be able to take TES-100.

I applied last year:
Program:
BA in Computer Science (BA.COS1)
Catalog Year:

Not Catalog year but the date of your actual application was last year?  I'm in the same boat that gams007 is in.

That's correct. I applied in May 2018. Due to changing life circumstances, I wasn't able to study until now. My academic evaluation shows the 1 credit cornerstone.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - dfrecore - 02-12-2019

(02-12-2019, 03:33 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I'm trying to complete the TESU BACS degree and just got my evaluation back under the newer catalog.

Data Structures - Not sure where?

Do I need two or three UL courses to complete the degree? I saw study.com has database management for UL credit, are there any other easy and quick options?

You need 18cr total in the major, and 3cr is the capstone - so 15cr of UL is what you're looking to do.

Study.com has Data Structures as a non-credit-bearing course, you might want to wait a while and see if they end up getting it ACE-approved.  I mean, I wouldn't wait a year or anything, but it might be worth waiting a few months.

(02-12-2019, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:33 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I'm trying to complete the TESU BACS degree and just got my evaluation back under the newer catalog.

Do I need two or three UL courses to complete the degree? I saw study.com has database management for UL credit, are there any other easy and quick options?

You need 18cr total in the major, and 3cr is the capstone - so 15cr of UL is what you're looking to do.

Study.com has Data Structures as a non-credit-bearing course, you might want to wait a while and see if they end up getting it ACE-approved.  I mean, I wouldn't wait a year or anything, but it might be worth waiting a few months.

Computer architecture from study.com would be another 3 UL credits, right?
I think I'm gonna plan for intro to programming and data structures last, in case study.com gets these two courses ACE approved. Fingers crossed.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - Ideas - 02-12-2019

Yes Comp Arch would be UL.

Systems Analysis can be done at Study.com

Study.com might also have another UL course later on.

Does Saylor Software Engineering still count as UL in the AOS for BACS?

RE: Help with TESU BACS - armstrongsubero - 02-12-2019

(02-12-2019, 11:19 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Does Saylor Software Engineering still count as UL in the AOS for BACS?

No it was downgraded.

(02-12-2019, 09:48 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Computer architecture from study.com would be another 3 UL credits, right?
I think I'm gonna plan for intro to programming and data structures last, in case study.com gets these two courses ACE approved. Fingers crossed.

OD already has an intro to programming course and study.com data structures course is 6+ months away from being ace approved.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - NolaRice - 02-13-2019

(02-12-2019, 11:49 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:19 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Does Saylor Software Engineering still count as UL in the AOS for BACS?

No it was downgraded.
That sucks. I've already attempted the DSST Cybersecurity for UL credit, and failed. I just couldn't find any good study material for it and I found it pretty hard. But it looks like it is my only option for these last 3 UL credits, either that or spend the money at TESU or Athabasca.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - Ideas - 02-13-2019

Just retake the DSST when you're allowed?

(02-12-2019, 11:49 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: OD already has an intro to programming course and study.com data structures course is 6+ months away from being ace approved.

I think they're hoping for under 6 months.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - dfrecore - 02-13-2019

(02-12-2019, 11:49 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:48 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I think I'm gonna plan for intro to programming and data structures last, in case study.com gets these two courses ACE approved. Fingers crossed.
study.com data structures course is 6+ months away from being ace approved.

Can you tell me where you heard this?  They don't normally tell anyone when/if future courses will be approved, so I'm surprised you know this.

RE: Help with TESU BACS - davewill - 02-13-2019

(02-12-2019, 09:48 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Computer architecture from study.com would be another 3 UL credits, right?

The only thing I would note is that Data Structures makes for a good foundation for all the other CS courses. If you already have that knowledge, then your idea is fine. However if you're just learning CS, I'd be tempted to advise you to go ahead and find the course at your local CC or online and get it done early.