Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses (/Thread-TEEX-also-has-new-cheap-online-forensics-law-enforcement-courses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - MNomadic - 02-14-2019

Happened to see that in addition to renewing the cyber security courses for more credits, TEEX also added some new online courses that are relatively cheap(especially the UL one):

Basic Property Technician
FSA107 

$45
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in introduction to criminal justice or criminalistics 

Basic Criminal Investigation (Online)
FSA113

$75
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in criminal investigation or criminal justice

Death Investigation (Online)
FSA114 

$75
In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in criminal justice, criminal investigation, or forensics

Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison
FSA115 

$45
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in criminal investigation or criminalistics

Foundations of Forensic Photography
FSA116 

$45
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in criminal justice or legal studies

Foundations of Courtroom Testimony
FSA118 

$45
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in legal studies, forensic science, or criminal justice

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - armstrongsubero - 02-14-2019

Wow I would love to see how these transfer. Looks like they would be nice for someone doing a CJ degree or BALS since these may all transfer as CJ courses.

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - MNomadic - 02-14-2019

Interestingly, between these, some DSSTs and the 8 CJ courses on SDC, it shouldn't be too hard/expensive to add a AAS in CJ if one is already going to TESU since that degree doesn't currently require a capstone either. That's just a guess though as I don't know exactly how everything would transfer over.

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - armstrongsubero - 02-14-2019

I was thinking that as well. With the new additions of TEEX the ASNSM in CS and AAS in CJ got a lot easier. I already completed the requirements for the AAS in CJ so I dont need to do these. But its very reasonable.

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - dfrecore - 02-14-2019

Well, if someone would please be a guinea pig and take all of these and transfer them to TESU (and maybe COSC as well), then report back on what they come in as, that would be SUPER helpful!!  Tongue

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - ROYISAGIRL - 02-14-2019

I volunteer as tribute

(02-14-2019, 09:04 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I volunteer as tribute

We salute you!

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - sanantone - 02-14-2019

Some of these could be forensic science courses at a college that offers a major or minor in it.

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - Ideas - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 06:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Basic Criminal Investigation (Online)
FSA113

$75
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in criminal investigation or criminal justice

FSA114 

$75
In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in criminal justice, criminal investigation, or forensics

These two say:

Price shown is for commissioned Texas peace officers or non-commissioned personnel employed by a Texas law enforcement agency. Additional fees will apply for out of state and others.

and:

Course Completion Requirements

• Must be licensed or certified peace officer with a current commission or non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigate/process crime scenes

They also say 40.0 hours instead of 16.0 hours.

Probably still cheap without the discount.

RE: TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses - ROYISAGIRL - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 09:26 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 06:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Basic Criminal Investigation (Online)
FSA113

$75

FSA114 

$75

These two say:

Price shown is for commissioned Texas peace officers or non-commissioned personnel employed by a Texas law enforcement agency. Additional fees will apply for out of state and others.

and:

Course Completion Requirements

• Must be licensed or certified peace officer with a current commission or non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigate/process crime scenes
Which 2?