Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Degree Planning Advice (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Degree-Planning-Advice)
+--- Thread: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations (/Thread-TESU-BALS-Degree-Plan-Review-and-UL-Recommendations)

TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - DeanLewis - 02-26-2019

Greetings everyone, 
Would some of you kind folks familiar with TEST requirements take a look at the attached degree plan, and give me your thoughts/recommendations? I have two SL courses in progress (should be done tomorrow or the next day) for my remaining free electives, but I'll need three more UL liberal arts classes, plus the TESU information literacy and capstone classes. In this, I'm looking for recommendations on the more straightforward (quickest) UL credit opportunities. 

As a reminder, I have a MA in religion almost complete (2 classes remaining), and am just looking to finish a BA promptly. 

Thanks,

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - bethanyneedsajob - 02-26-2019

Sorry that this is not on your topic, but the CBTS and MCC classes you have listed, are they online? I know of someone that would love to get a degree in religion and those courses look interesting.

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - DeanLewis - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 09:08 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Sorry that this is not on your topic, but the CBTS and MCC classes you have listed, are they online? I know of someone that would love to get a degree in religion and those courses look interesting.

Both definitely have online options, and CBTS (Central Seminary) is a very inexpensive (and theologically liberal, FWIW) graduate school, that has a diploma program that grants credits at the 400 rather than 500 level for folks without a baccalaureate degree. MCC is a community college.

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - zzzz24 - 02-26-2019

Do the UL courses at Study.com.

I recommend Organizational communication, sociology of work, juvenile justice, Vietnam, leadership communication.

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - bethanyneedsajob - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 09:13 PM)DeanLewis Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 09:08 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Sorry that this is not on your topic, but the CBTS and MCC classes you have listed, are they online? I know of someone that would love to get a degree in religion and those courses look interesting.

Both definitely have online options, and CBTS (Central Seminary) is a very inexpensive (and theologically liberal, FWIW) graduate school, that has a diploma program that grants credits at the 400 rather than 500 level for folks without a baccalaureate degree. MCC is a community college.
Cool thanks

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - DeanLewis - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 09:28 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Do the UL courses at Study.com.

I recommend Organizational communication, sociology of work, juvenile justice, Vietnam, leadership communication.

Any feedback on the Study.com format and course length? I've been a little put off by the masking of their pricing structure etc. That said, I've really enjoyed plowing through a bunch of SL courses this past month

RE: TESU BALS Degree Plan Review and UL Recommendations - zzzz24 - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 10:23 PM)DeanLewis Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 09:28 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Do the UL courses at Study.com.

Any feedback on the Study.com format and course length? I've been a little put off by the masking of their pricing structure etc. That said, I've really enjoyed plowing through a bunch of SL courses this past month

You can finish an SDC course fairly quickly if you have the time, although the lower level courses are obviously quicker as the UL have assignments. 
It's $199 for 2 exams, $70 for additional ones in the month. 

It's basically videos > quizzes > exam > assignments.