Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TEEX courses, RA? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TEEX courses, RA? (/Thread-TEEX-courses-RA)

Pages: 1 2

TEEX courses, RA? - Kartvelian - 03-13-2019

Are the free (and low cost) courses from TEEX considered as being RA credits, i.e. coming from a regionally-accredited university? Or are they similar to Study.com and Sophia courses, that go through ACE?

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - davewill - 03-13-2019

They go through ACE.

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - sanantone - 03-13-2019

These are non-credit courses offered by an extension service. They need ACE approval to be transferable.

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - Kartvelian - 03-13-2019

I was speaking to a friend about this testing out stuff and how great it is, and it turns out she has 12 credits from a CC. I was thinking something like the Pierpont BOG might be good for her to at least get some sort of qualification on her resume. I dont think she'd ever do a bachelor, but the AAS might be within her reach.

Any suggestions on a fairly cheap and quick course(s) to get those final RA credits that Pierpont requires?

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - mysonx3 - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 10:54 AM)Kartvelian Wrote: I was speaking to a friend about this testing out stuff and how great it is, and it turns out she has 12 credits from a CC. I was thinking something like the Pierpont BOG might be good for her to at least get some sort of qualification on her resume. I dont think she'd ever do a bachelor, but the AAS might be within her reach.

Any suggestions on a fairly cheap and quick course(s) to get those final RA credits that Pierpont requires?

A TECEP or UExcel class should meet that requirement, I think.

Aren't the UExcel's $225? I know that's cheaper that a college course, but it does make the AAS cost baloon a bit, when compared with OnlineDegree and Study. com.
A lot of the feedback here seems to reflect that the TECEP's are no walk in the park. $75 might be manageable to her, though. Are there any fairly easy TECEPs?

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - davewill - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 10:54 AM)Kartvelian Wrote: I was speaking to a friend about this testing out stuff and how great it is, and it turns out she has 12 credits from a CC. I was thinking something like the Pierpont BOG might be good for her to at least get some sort of qualification on her resume. I dont think she'd ever do a bachelor, but the AAS might be within her reach.

I believe that 12 RA credits is sufficient the BOG AAS.

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - quigongene - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 11:13 AM)davewill Wrote: I believe that 12 RA credits is sufficient the BOG AAS.

That's correct. I brought in exactly 12 for my BOG.

RE: TEEX courses, RA? - Tedium - 03-13-2019

12 is the requirement for Pierpont. Just need to make sure not being able to produce a transcript won’t be an issue for them later. Pierpont might get it addressed, but they might not.

Awesome. I could swear I read somewhere om this board that it was 15 credits that were required. Only 12 is great news! You guys are amazing!

I will talk to her and maybe i can talk her into taking this up. She needs to get out of retail!