Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Aleks courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Aleks courses (/Thread-Aleks-courses--32040)

Pages: 1 2

Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-15-2019

Hi. 

Does Aleks let you complete only one course per monthly membership term of $19.95? Can I not try and complete more than one course, if I know the subject material? I signed up for Aleks today, and was surprised when I had to choose only one course. I wish to complete both Trig. & Stats. I know about 60 % of the subject material in both courses. Is there a way to speed up? I have started with Trig. and would like to complete Stats. alongside.

RE: Aleks courses - shadowgem - 03-15-2019

Unfortunately they only allow one course to be taken at a time. As soon as you pass the first course you are working on, you can switch over to another course. So while you can not take two or more courses simultaneously, you can certainly take all the courses you need to during a one month membership, provided you can successfully pass the ACE Knowledge checks in time.

RE: Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-16-2019

Ok. Thank you for letting me know.

RE: Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-18-2019

Does anyone know what Aleks College Algebra course transfers into TESU as? Is it MAT-121, MAT-119 or MAT-115? I see different course numbers on this forum, all pointing to College Algebra. I already have MAT-121 from my GED Math. But I can easily complete Aleks College Algebra as I know more than 75 % of their content. The question is, will it duplicate with MAT-121? I am almost 80% done with Aleks Trigonometry.

RE: Aleks courses - dfrecore - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 10:51 AM)Supermind Wrote: Does anyone know what Aleks College Algebra course transfers into TESU as? Is it MAT-121, MAT-119 or MAT-115? I see different course numbers on this forum, all pointing to College Algebra. I already have MAT-121 from my GED Math. But I can easily complete Aleks College Algebra as I know more than 75 % of their content. The question is, will it duplicate with MAT-121? I am almost 80% done with Aleks Trigonometry.

ALEKS College Algebra comes in as MAT-121.  ALEKS Trig comes in as MAT-129.

RE: Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-18-2019

Oh!! So I cannot take that course, as it will duplicate with my existing MAT-121.

What about Saylor’s MA001: College Algebra? Same?

RE: Aleks courses - dfrecore - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 11:05 AM)Supermind Wrote: Oh!! So I cannot take that course, as it will duplicate with my existing MAT-121.

What about Saylor’s MA001: College Algebra? Same?

Same.

For TESU: All College Algebra courses we discuss on here are MAT-121 EXCEPT Study.com's MAT 101: College Algebra and DSST's Fundamentals of College Algebra, which both come in as MAT-115.

ALEKS, Saylor, CLEP, SL, TECEP, Davar, Propero, Sophia: all of their College Algebra courses are MAT-121.

RE: Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-22-2019

I am close to completing Aleks Trigonometry course, and how I really feel is, ‘what an unnecessary drag!’ Trigonometry related material is so less compared to College Algebra, and I don’t see why they should have so much College Algebra in this course, when they have a separate course for that!

RE: Aleks courses - Supermind - 03-31-2019

So, I competed Aleks Trigonometry today, and did the ACE knowledge check. How do I check the final score of the ACE knowledge check? It did not show how many I got right. It only flashed a message that I achieved 98% mastery in the subject. How does one interpret this?

RE: Aleks courses - Lewis.Yim - 03-31-2019

How long did it take you to do the CSM Learn course? I am interested in taking that course for extra credits.