Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback (/Thread-Potential-New-Courses-Need-Your-Feedback)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - Ed4Credit - 04-16-2019

Hi All,
It's been a while since I posted last. We, Ed4Credit.com, are thinking about adding some new courses. 
Here is a list of the courses we are considering. Please give me your input. 
Thanks, 
Tricia  Smile

1. German 1
2. German 2
3. French 1
4. French 2
5. Educational Psychology
6. Cybersecurity
7. Music Appreciation

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - bjcheung77 - 04-16-2019

More Language Offerings! Woohoo! Anyways...
I would recommend doing it in a different order... This is my preference...
Since there are a few Spanish providers, I think you're on the right track with French/German

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
6. Educational Psychology
7. Music Appreciation

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - Ed4Credit - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings!  Woohoo! Anyways...
Since there are a few Spanish providers, I think you're on the right track with French/German

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation

Thanks! We will take them all through ACE credit recommendation at the same time. We are currently creating the language courses with Rosetta Stone and hope to get them recommended for 4 credits. Wink Tricia

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - sanantone - 04-16-2019

CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

There are cheaper options for educational psychology, and most people don't need this course. There are several options for cybersecurity. Music appreciation is another course that most people don't need because they have a large selection of other humanities courses to meet general education requirements.

People could really use biology II with lab.

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - TexasTink - 04-16-2019

I'm very intrigued by the German language courses - especially if you're partnering with Rosetta Stone. I used RS several years ago for learning German and I'd be curious to see what that would look like as an official college course! I would love to be fluent in German someday so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for those courses!

I also think the Music Appreciation class would be amazing. As someone who loves music and wants to work in that industry, I was so sad to see that there was almost no music courses available through alternative credit. That would have been a class I would have jumped on in a heartbeat!

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - Imbanewbie - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings!  Woohoo! Anyways...

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation
Can you provide me if there is a fee to register ? Do you get accreditation?

Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - alab21 - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings! Woohoo! Anyways...

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation

What are you targeting the cyber security course to come into TESU/COSC as? Hopefully not duplicating the free TEEX courses.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

(04-16-2019, 03:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

There are cheaper options for educational psychology, and most people don't need this course. There are several options for cybersecurity. Music appreciation is another course that most people don't need because they have a large selection of other humanities courses to meet general education requirements.

Hi Sanantone, thanks for the suggestions. Any other courses you would suggest? Tricia

RE: Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback - sanantone - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 04:01 PM)Ed4Credit Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

Hi Sanantone, thanks for the suggestions. Any other courses you would suggest? Tricia
Data structures, upper level history classes, and upper level English classes.

(04-16-2019, 03:59 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation
Can you provide me if there is a fee to register ? Do you get accreditation?

Hi bjcheung77, We are just now looking at what courses to create. Yes, there is a fee. Our courses are $195 and the language courses will be $260. This is a long process and it could take us 6-8 months to get these ready for students. Once we have them created we have to go through the accreditation process and that takes a few more months. I'll keep you posted as we move forward. Tricia

(04-16-2019, 03:53 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I'm very intrigued by the German language courses - especially if you're partnering with Rosetta Stone.  I used RS several years ago for learning German and I'd be curious to see what that would look like as an official college course!  I would love to be fluent in German someday so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for those courses!

I also think the Music Appreciation class would be amazing.  As someone who loves music and wants to work in that industry, I was so sad to see that there was almost no music courses available through alternative credit.  That would have been a class I would have jumped on in a heartbeat!

Hi TexasTink, Thanks for your input! Tricia  Big Grin