Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications (/Thread-Arkansas-State-M-S-in-Strategic-Communications)

Pages: 1 2

Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - fingerscrossedx2 - 04-17-2019

Has anyone applied and been accepted with their BA/BS from TESU showing a limited GPA? I noticed most acceptance posts are in Computer science or MBA programs. Just curious if anyone has been successful in being admitted to AState for graduate school.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - Imbanewbie - 04-18-2019

Can you tell me what it is your gpa? One good thing, I don’t see they need GRE, but you should send email to the school. Last time, I asked for admission for MBA.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - davewill - 04-18-2019

I'd contact their admissions dept and discuss it with them. Unlike undergrad admissions, grad schools usually are fairly responsive. They can tell you their GPA policies, and give you an idea of the competitiveness of their program. Do you have relevant work experience? If so, that can often count for a lot.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - dfrecore - 04-23-2019

People on this forum have been accepted to all kinds of grad programs in all kinds of fields. It's definitely not limited to business or computers.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - ReyMysterioso - 04-24-2019

Following this thread, because I'm interested in the exact same program if HES falls through.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - cardiacclep - 05-23-2019

A bit delayed but I was accepted into Astate. You should have no problems being accepted. Good luck.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - fingerscrossedx2 - 05-24-2019

(05-23-2019, 05:11 PM)cardiacclep Wrote: A bit delayed but I was accepted into Astate. You should have no problems being accepted. Good luck.

I pulled the trigger and applied. Fingers crossed! At this point, I honestly have nothing to lose but the $30 app fee  Smile

I will update once I hear back.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - dfrecore - 05-24-2019

That's a good price. I read "writing-intensive" and immediately stopped my research though. Sigh...

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - ThatBankDude - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 01:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: That's a good price. I read "writing-intensive" and immediately stopped my research though. Sigh...

Without coming off as rude, as I am genuinely curious, why would a writing-intensive MS in Strategic Communication stop you? I feel like a writing-intensive program would help grow ones ability to communicate effectively through their writing. I could be wrong though as that is not my area of expertise.

RE: Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications - dfrecore - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 01:53 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 01:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: That's a good price.  I read "writing-intensive" and immediately stopped my research though.  Sigh...

Without coming off as rude, as I am genuinely curious, why would a writing-intensive MS in Strategic Communication stop you? I feel like a writing-intensive program would help grow ones ability to communicate effectively through their writing. I could be wrong though as that is not my area of expertise.

I just don't enjoy writing enough to pay $10k to do it.  Sounds painful.  But I'm sure there are lots of people who would love it.