Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? (/Thread-When-is-the-earliest-you-can-hand-in-your-final-Capstone-paper)

Pages: 1 2

When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - pws - 05-08-2019

Taking into consideration the 12-week course structure—and even if the paper is only graded after the course ends—when is the earliest you can hand in the final Capstone paper?

How early can you hand in your final Capstone paper if you are taking the Online Courses version vs. if you are taking the Guided Study?

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - davewill - 05-08-2019

(05-08-2019, 01:01 PM)pws Wrote: Taking into consideration the 12-week course structure—and even if the paper is only graded after the course ends—when is the earliest you can hand in the final Capstone paper?

How early can you hand in your final Capstone paper if you are taking the Online Courses version vs. if you are taking the Guided Study?

It's going to depend on the mentor. How early they open up submissions to a module is up to them. There probably isn't any difference between OL and GS on this.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - TexasTink - 05-08-2019

I submitted all of my papers early. Most around 2 weeks early. From the appearance of my class, it seemed like I could have submitted any paper at any time.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - Merlin - 05-08-2019

(05-08-2019, 01:01 PM)pws Wrote: Taking into consideration the 12-week course structure—and even if the paper is only graded after the course ends—when is the earliest you can hand in the final Capstone paper?

I'm pretty sure you could turn in all your papers on the first day of class if you were able to prepare them ahead of time. I completed and submitted all of my discussion assignments in the first month of the course and the rest of my papers, including my final project, were turned in 2-4 weeks before they were due.

However, regardless of when they are submitted, the papers will probably not be graded until after the due date for each paper. Either way, even if the instructor grades the papers early, it won't allow you to complete the course any faster since the final grade isn't posted until the course ends. Not to mention that you may have other aspects of the capstone to complete, such as the midterm exam.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - DIGI-212 - 05-08-2019

Are you taking the business capstone or liberal arts capstone? In my liberal arts capstone we had to incorporate the mentor's changes/feedback on each chapter into the final paper. This meant the earliest we could turn in the final was the day we received feedback on chapter 5. I had my paper written by the time I turned in chapter 5 so I had to wait about a week and a half to get the feedback and make changes before I could turn it in.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - pws - 05-09-2019

Thanks for the info!

(05-08-2019, 11:02 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: Are you taking the business capstone or liberal arts capstone? In my liberal arts capstone we had to incorporate the mentor's changes/feedback on each chapter into the final paper. This meant the earliest we could turn in the final was the day we received feedback on chapter 5. I had my paper written by the time I turned in chapter 5 so I had to wait about a week and a half to get the feedback and make changes before I could turn it in.

The Liberal Arts Capstone. That's good to know, thanks. Is it chapter 5 or module 5, as in "Module 5:  Summary and Discussion"? That's how many weeks before the end of the 12-week course structure?

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - zzzz24 - 05-09-2019

Whether your particular mentor allows you to turn in assignments early or not, ultimately the final course grade will not be posted until after the course is officially finished, so it's not like you can just turn in everything in the first month and expect that the course is finished. You also have to continue posting in the chapter discussion posts per the deadlines.

If you have the time, it's definitely worthwhile to start gathering sources and ideas/discussion topics early on.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - TexasTink - 05-09-2019

Chapter/module 5 is due two weeks before the end of the class. So it takes place over weeks 9-10 of the class. In my experience, each paper took about a week after due date to get the grade back on, but that will vary by mentor. Depending on the mentor and the quality of your work, you may not have much, if any feedback to incorporate into the final Capstone paper. My mentor never had me correct or change anything. If you feel pressed for time and want to get the final paper done faster, you can always assemble the paper as you go and change what you need to as you receive feedback.

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - pws - 06-17-2019

I'm planning on doing a 3-week, full-time training course, not related to my degree. The two months before that, I'll be finishing up a few courses and working on my Capstone course/final paper full-time. The thing is that, the 3-week training is exactly during the last three weeks of the Capstone.

I'd like to finish the Capstone paper three weeks before the course ends, since I won't be able to work on it during the last three weeks of the course at all. It doesn't matter if I hand it in or when it gets graded.

How is the Guided Study version of the Capstone course structured? How difficult would it be to finish the final Capstone paper three weeks before the end of the course?

RE: When is the earliest you can hand in your final Capstone paper? - TexasTink - 06-18-2019

I did all my assignments early. So I was finished with #5 and turned it in the first day of that module. It only took a little work after that to pull the final Capstone paper together. If you put it together along the way, it would take even less time. I had my final paper finished about a month before the end of the course, so it’s definitely doable. And I was in the online and not guided study portion.