Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Managerial Comm TECEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: CLEP, DSST, and TECEP Exam Discussion. Also Modern States and InstantCert. (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-CLEP-DSST-and-TECEP-Exam-Discussion-Also-Modern-States-and-InstantCert)
+--- Thread: Managerial Comm TECEP (/Thread-Managerial-Comm-TECEP)

Managerial Comm TECEP - saraholson - 05-15-2019

has anyone taken this TECEP recently? I was hoping to get some opinions on it. i was thinking of using the study.com resources to prepare for it and use it to renew my enrollment at TESU (instead of just taking the actual study.com exam)

https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep_desc/MAN-373.pdf

thanks for any input Smile

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - CarpeDiem8 - 05-15-2019

Interested in hearing as well since the SDC course requires one paper and an oral presentation. The TECEP appears to be multiple choice, 1 essay.

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - dfrecore - 05-15-2019

I don't recommend UL TECEP's just because they are $225. UL used to be the same price as LL, but they lowered the cost of LL to $25/cr, and raised the cost of UL to $75/cr. LL's make my cut of "worth it" but UL's don't.

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - GameSlinger - 10-09-2023

I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0
Previous knowledge = Comp 1 and 2, several business courses.
Relevant work experience = 1 year as an operations manager, 1 year as a production manager.

Final Score = 84%

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - bjcheung77 - 10-09-2023

Thanks for a detailed review of the Managerial Communications TECEP, looking forward to your other TECEP reviews and further ones if any... Just a reminder for those who don't know already, there are some TECEP Quizlets made by many members or non-members, as long as you sign up for the free service, you'll have these in addition to other sources. It's great for memory retention as I have issues with that...

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - Dosada - 12-12-2023

(10-09-2023, 03:33 AM)GameSlinger Wrote: I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0
Relevant work experience = 1 year as an operations manager, 1 year as a production manager.

Final Score = 84%

How long did it take to get your score?

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - GameSlinger - 12-13-2023

(12-12-2023, 12:38 PM)Dosada Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 03:33 AM)GameSlinger Wrote: I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0

Final Score = 84%

How long did it take to get your score?

Just over a week and I had my finalized score if I remember correctly.

RE: Managerial Comm TECEP - Dosada - 12-15-2023

Wanted to leave some feedback on the MAN-3730 TECEP as well. I did next to no studying for this TECEP. If you have been in a corporate setting for awhile, most of these concepts should be familiar. The only thing I made sure I reviewed well was the requirements for the Essay portion since it was a good chunk of the grade. Otherwise, the multiple choice questions are pretty straightforward. Got a 76 on the final exam. Not as great as I wanted, but hey, it's passing score so I'll take it.