Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
The Institutes Ethics - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: The Institutes Ethics (/Thread-The-Institutes-Ethics)

Pages: 1 2

The Institutes Ethics - Dowew - 05-16-2019

Hi everyone, the wiki says The Institutes Ethics course is not currently available for ACE credit. Is this correct ?

RE: The Institutes Ethics - MNomadic - 05-16-2019

Correct. That course's ACE recommendation ended 4/30/2019. Sometimes those courses get renewed, but until then it's not worth credit.

RE: The Institutes Ethics - dfrecore - 05-16-2019

If you need a free ethics course for TESU, you can do one of the TEEX ones now. If it's for another school, I'm not sure.

RE: The Institutes Ethics - MishaRaine - 05-29-2019

(05-16-2019, 10:39 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Correct. That course's ACE recommendation ended 4/30/2019. Sometimes those courses get renewed, but until then it's not worth credit.

Out of curiosity, how do you find out when the ACE credit recommendation expires?

(05-16-2019, 11:22 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you need a free ethics course for TESU, you can do one of the TEEX ones now.  If it's for another school, I'm not sure.

Is that the Cyber Ethics course? Just checking before I fall back on the DSSTs or something else.

RE: The Institutes Ethics - jsd - 05-30-2019

In case you missed the other threads about this, The Institutes course has been renewed and is now worth 3 credits, lower level.

As far as where to find the expiration date, it's in the ACE reviewed course database

RE: The Institutes Ethics - Mil0 - 06-24-2019

(05-30-2019, 12:01 AM)jsd Wrote: In case you missed the other threads about this, The Institutes course has been renewed and is now worth 3 credits, lower level.

As far as where to find the expiration date, it's in the ACE reviewed course database

I definitely missed that. When did that happen? 

Would one need to retake it in order to have it be worth 3 credits instead of 2? 

I just logged into my ACE account and it's showing: 

Credit Recommendation:
In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 2 semester hours in Ethics for Insurance Professionals or business ethics (9/15).

I saw that by changing the completion date when I searched for it that this came up: 

Credit Recommendation:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in ethics and CPCU Code of professional ethics (3/19).

I've got the 1 credit waiver and it's currently taking the spot for my Ethics requirement but I'm wondering what's better. 2 credits of UL and needing to get an additional 1 credit in my electives or the 3 LL credits. I'm going to go look around for the thread discussing this change and what people are suggesting should be done. 

RE: The Institutes Ethics - BigDaddy1 - 05-19-2020

Does this transfer to Excelsior or only to TESU?

RE: The Institutes Ethics - LevelUP - 05-19-2020

So is this fake news? What is going on with this thread?

RE: The Institutes Ethics - natshar - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 04:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: So is this fake news?  What is going on with this thread?

Nope it is an old thread. At one time the ACE credit lapsed. When I took it I got 2UL credit now it is worth 3LL.

I've heard mixed things about TESU taking it or not. I think now they don't take it, but I have no idea.

RE: The Institutes Ethics - ROYISAGIRL - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 02:53 PM)BigDaddy1 Wrote: Does this transfer to Excelsior or only to TESU?
It transfers to excelsior