Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly (/Thread-TESU-Majors-most-ACE-or-NCCRS-friendly)

TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - Lewis.Yim - 05-22-2019

Hi.  My wife is taking courses towards a BALS at TESU and she wants to know what other degrees are ACE and NCCRS friendly besides the BALS and BSBA degrees. I recall that there are a few that requires just one or two courses taken elsewhere.

She is looking at majoring in something other than Business and I think English, History, Psychology and Sociology are missing a class or two from being fully ACE or NCCRS friendly.  She may just continue with a BALS and work on a concentration instead.

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - Supermind - 05-22-2019

I believe the introduction of new Computer science courses by study.com makes the BA-CS degree equally test-friendly.

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - mysonx3 - 05-22-2019

Computer Science just recently became fully test-friendly (aka you can do everything but the Capstone/Cornerstone through ACE/NCCRS). Psychology is also fully test-friendly. History and Sociology are each one class away, and for Sociology that one class can likely be done self-paced through CSU-Pueblo for just $555 (half the cost of doing it at TESU)

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - dfrecore - 05-22-2019

Psychology is test-friendly - and I think COSC would be cheaper (~$2k less than TESU)

English & History - 1 course away each

Sociology - not a degree I've seen anyone do, I'm not certain there are enough cheap/test-out-able UL courses to do it cheaply. But I could be wrong.

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - CarpeDiem8 - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - dfrecore - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 12:02 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.

You're right - I was only thinking of the NON-WESTERN LITERATURE requirement, which isn't test-out-able.  It's hard to find UL English courses that are cheap.  The only one is Advanced Technical Writing.

RE: TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly - Ideas - 05-22-2019

Coopersmith's poetry course is 3 quick UL English for people who are ok with the subject/type.

English is affordable if HES keeps offering the Poetry in America courses... $750 for 12 graduate credits. We don't know when they might stop. Their courses are not self-paced, but they are quick in the summer.

And the CLEPs can give 12 free LL credits.

Still though, having to take those and Non-Western Lit and the Capstone makes the degree slower.