Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? (/Thread-Poetry-in-America-Pilot-Student-Scholarship)

Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - eriehiker - 05-26-2019

I logged in to check if my final grades posted for the Harvard Poetry in America classes and I now see a link for scholarships to the program.  The text reads as follows:

"Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship
If you are a high school student enrolling in the Poetry in America course through a participating school, you may apply for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship by filling out the following survey.
Note: Your teacher may not fill out this survey for you. We will not be able to register you in the course unless you fill out this survey while logged into your own Division of Continuing Education Online Services account.
Click here to begin the survey."

So this exists.  I know nothing more about it, but it could be very interesting for someone out there.

Cheers!

I removed the link because it may provide some personal information.

There was this additional paragraph:

"Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarships enable selected high school students in participating schools to enroll in a 2019 Fall term Poetry of America course at Harvard Extension School (HES) for $250, a 75% discount from the regular tuition rate. To apply for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship, complete and submit this form. To be eligible for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship, your supervising teacher must also complete the Poetry in America Pilot Teacher Application Form. You must include contact information for your supervising teacher.

Schools and/or donors are supporting remaining $250 tuition. There will be no direct cost to high school students who receive this scholarship. "

RE: Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - dfrecore - 05-26-2019

(05-26-2019, 10:34 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I logged in to check if my final grades posted for the Harvard Poetry in America classes and I now see a link for scholarships to the program.  The text reads as follows:

If you are a high school student enrolling in the Poetry in America course through a participating school, you may apply for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship by filling out the following survey.
Note: Your teacher may not fill out this survey for you. We will not be able to register you in the course unless you fill out this survey while logged into your own Division of Continuing Education Online Services account.

So this exists.  I know nothing more about it, but it could be very interesting for someone out there.

Cheers!

"Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarships enable selected high school students in participating schools to enroll in a 2019 Fall term Poetry of America course at Harvard Extension School (HES) for $250, a 75% discount from the regular tuition rate. To apply for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship, complete and submit this form. To be eligible for a Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship, your supervising teacher must also complete the Poetry in America Pilot Teacher Application Form. You must include contact information for your supervising teacher.

Schools and/or donors are supporting remaining $250 tuition. There will be no direct cost to high school students who receive this scholarship. "

I wonder what the participating high schools are?

RE: Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - cookderosa - 05-27-2019

(05-26-2019, 11:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 10:34 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I logged in to check if my final grades posted for the Harvard Poetry in America classes and I now see a link for scholarships to the program.  The text reads as follows:

Cheers!

Homeschool?

RE: Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - Merlin - 05-27-2019

(05-27-2019, 06:37 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

Cheers!

Homeschool?

It doesn't look like homeschool students are eligible. But someone could always fill out the Poetry in America Pilot Teacher Application Form as a homeschooling parent and see what happens.

RE: Poetry in America Pilot Student Scholarship? - cookderosa - 05-27-2019

(05-27-2019, 06:41 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 06:37 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

Cheers!

Homeschool?

It doesn't look like homeschool students are eligible. But someone could always fill out the Poetry in America Pilot Teacher Application Form as a homeschooling parent and see what happens.

Last year this time we had 2 homeschool families try to enroll their teens in the classes, but both were turned away. It *may* have been because they registered for grad credit since the rejection letter specifically read that they had to show proof of being enrolled in an undergrad program (something not required of "regular" students enrolling for grad credit).