Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
MBA - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: MBA (/Thread-MBA--32648)

MBA - ahmednasr70 - 06-13-2019

Hi Guys,
I looking for MBA online by gaining credits, Now, I have 9 college credits from 3 CLEP exams. Management, Marketing, and Sociology
How I can do that? and how many credits I should gain with its subjects?
Thanks

RE: MBA - ThatBankDude - 06-13-2019

Do you already have a bachelors degree? You stating that you have 9 college credits from CLEP exams makes it seem as though you are just beginning your undergraduate studies.

RE: MBA - natshar - 06-13-2019

An MBA is something one gets after a bachelors degree. Also an MBA is more designed for with prior work experience in business. Most MBA programs won't let you in unless you have both a bachelors degree and a certain amount of work experience in business.

Please provide more information about your situation as prior degrees and work experience.

CLEPs can only be used to earn credit at the undergraduate level, bachelors/associates degrees. To earn graduate degrees, there aren't really any good credit by exam or alternative methods to earn credit.

RE: MBA - ahmednasr70 - 06-14-2019

thank you for everyone replied here, I am already have experience and  the construction industry. Basically, I have Civil Engineering Bachelors, but I want To Gain MBA Using CLEP exams.

RE: MBA - lacussucceed - 06-14-2019

It's very unlikely you can earn credit using CLEP exams towards an MBA (or any other level above undergraduate level).

RE: MBA - ThatBankDude - 06-14-2019

(06-14-2019, 12:05 PM)ahmednasr70 Wrote: thank you for everyone replied here, I am already have experience and  the construction industry. Basically, I have Civil Engineering Bachelors, but I want To Gain MBA Using CLEP exams.

I am nearly certain you will be unable to obtain an MBA using CLEP exams. Reputable MBA programs are going to either be traditional 16 week semesters, 7-8 week accelerated terms or competency based. I have never seen an MBA program that allowed CLEP exams.

RE: MBA - dfrecore - 06-14-2019

You might be able to do any pre-reqs for an MBA via CLEP (Financial Accounting, Business Law, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Macroecon, Info Sys, College Algebra or Precalc) and DSST (Statistics, Finance, Org Behavior, Business Ethics) - it depends on what the pre-reqs are for your particular program.

But you can't use any of the credits from these exams IN an MBA program.

RE: MBA - Merlin - 06-16-2019

Since CLEP credit is evaluated as undergraduate credit (most of it is lower-level undergrad credit in fact) it cannot be used toward a masters degree program like an MBA. CLEP and ACE/NCCRS credits are really only applicable toward undergraduate degrees.

With few exceptions, you can't really use alternative credit toward a postgraduate degree. There are not many sources to earn it and fewer places that accept it.