Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College (/Thread-My-advisor-doesn%E2%80%99t-respond-to-my-emails-Excelsior-College)

My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - ddillenberger - 06-14-2019

Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks

RE: My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - dfrecore - 06-14-2019

I would just contact them and ask for a new advisor. If they ask why, tell the truth.

RE: My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - TheMaskedMutant - 06-15-2019

(06-14-2019, 05:53 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks

I've had that problem with Excelsior as well.  Are you emailing your adviser directly or are you using the Message Center?  I've had more success in getting responses through the message center. Direct emails don't really get me quick responses, if any response at all.  The other option is to just call; calling is 100% more reliable.

If you have been having recurring issues with your adviser, it might be good to also contact the Ombudsperson through the message center as well.

RE: My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - ddillenberger - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 11:02 AM)TheMaskedMutant Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 05:53 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks

I've had that problem with Excelsior as well.  Are you emailing your adviser directly or are you using the Message Center?  I've had more success in getting responses through the message center. Direct emails don't really get me quick responses, if any response at all.  The other option is to just call; calling is 100% more reliable.

If you have been having recurring issues with your adviser, it might be good to also contact the Ombudsperson through the message center as well.
I have tried direct emails to my advisor with very little luck hearing back from him.   I just think it’s funny because after I enrolled he sent a canned email to me saying he’d be there to answer questions every step of the way.  The message center has been hit or miss.  I will try to call on Monday.   Thanks for your input.

RE: My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College - TheMaskedMutant - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 08:43 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: I have tried direct emails to my advisor with very little luck hearing back from him.   I just think it’s funny because after I enrolled he sent a canned email to me saying he’d be there to answer questions every step of the way.  The message center has been hit or miss.  I will try to call on Monday.   Thanks for your input.

Yeah, when Excelsior rolled out the direct email system, they advertised it like it would be a perk. However, upon first and subsequent usage, I rarely got a response. The problem I found with the direct emails was that my original adviser changed jobs, and so stopped responding. The program director changed in the middle of an issue, and then stopped responding (i'm assuming he was let go, because his name was no longer associated with the school). I think it's a result of their downsizing and consolidation efforts in the past year or so.