Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
DSST Principles of Public Speaking - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: DSST Principles of Public Speaking (/Thread-DSST-Principles-of-Public-Speaking--32666)

Pages: 1 2

DSST Principles of Public Speaking - MrsIrie - 06-15-2019

Can anyone advise who administers Part 2 of this exam?  I finished part 1 but the testing center told me they could not do part 2.  I live in Texas but travel frequently and can hit up a testing center almost anywhere.  

Help??

TIA

MrsIrie Angel

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - nosey561 - 06-16-2019

(06-15-2019, 11:03 AM)MrsIrie Wrote: Can anyone advise who administers Part 2 of this exam?  I finished part 1 but the testing center told me they could not do part 2.  I live in Texas but travel frequently and can hit up a testing center almost anywhere.  

Help??

TIA

MrsIrie Angel

Call DSST at 877-471-9860. The test center may have made a mistake by starting an exam they can't finish.

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - MrsIrie - 06-17-2019

Thanks but I really just want to finish the test. Has anyone taken it? Can you tell me where?

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - dfrecore - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 11:43 AM)MrsIrie Wrote: Thanks but I really just want to finish the test.  Has anyone taken it?  Can you tell me where?

We live all over the world, so that's probably not that helpful.  I took my tests at San Diego State University.  Unless you live near me, you're probably going to need more info.

Just call DSST to talk to them and ask about that testing center, and what you can do to finish.

Ah I'm in San Diego this weekend!! I'll call them!

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - dfrecore - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 05:34 PM)MrsIrie Wrote: Ah I'm in San Diego this weekend!!  I'll call them!

That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you so much!

Ah - that's what I was NOT trying to say.  I was trying to tell you that on this forum we live all over the country/world, and that you need to contact DSST and ask them where you can take this exam near you. Also, the fact that you were able to take the 1st part but not the second may be an issue, and one they need to know about.

But, go ahead and ask SDSU if you can take it.

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - natshar - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 05:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 05:34 PM)MrsIrie Wrote: Ah I'm in San Diego this weekend!!  I'll call them!

That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you so much!

Ah - that's what I was NOT trying to say.  I was trying to tell you that on this forum we live all over the country/world, and that you need to contact DSST and ask them where you can take this exam near you.  Also, the fact that you were able to take the 1st part but not the second may be an issue, and one they need to know about.

But, go ahead and ask SDSU if you can take it.

Yeah I think you are better off calling DSST directly first before you go schedule and test and turns out to not work. And just for the record, when I called the DSST people they had extremely great customer service. Quick, knowledgeable and helpful.

Yeah - I get it. The testing center that couldn't complete the test gave me the same advice which I followed. DSST said they had no idea where I could take part 2 and advised that I call each institution individually to find out if they would proctor the exam. I have spoken to 27 different testing centers in my home state with no one willing to proctor the second part.

I was beginning to give up hope of acquiring these credits that I have already paid and studied for. Your answer (while not what you intended) was exactly what I needed.

So thank you.

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - dfrecore - 06-18-2019

(06-17-2019, 08:38 PM)MrsIrie Wrote: Yeah - I get it.  The testing center that couldn't complete the test gave me the same advice which I followed.  DSST said they had no idea where I could take part 2 and advised that I call each institution individually to find out if they would proctor the exam.  I have spoken to 27 different testing centers in my home state with no one willing to proctor the second part.  

I was beginning to give up hope of acquiring these credits that I have already paid and studied for.  Your answer (while not what you intended) was exactly what I needed.  

So thank you.

I actually have no clue if they do that particular DSST exam, it's just where I took some CLEP and DSST exams.

Good luck.

RE: DSST Principles of Public Speaking - MishaRaine - 06-18-2019

Like OP said, it can be hard to find a testing center to administer the second part of the exam. I took this in Tucson at a local community college (Pima - Downtown campus) but that was 7 years ago. University of Arizona has upgraded their testing center since then so they might be able to do it as well. Their admin fees are higher than most, but they've been great to work with.

Good luck! When I took this, I had to give my speech into a good old-fashioned tape recorder!