Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Residency Waiver question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Residency Waiver question (/Thread-TESU-Residency-Waiver-question)

TESU Residency Waiver question - scout2family - 06-25-2019

I just applied for Sept. 2019 graduation(yay!) and have taken several SDC courses. TESU has me listed as a CPPEN Corporate Choice Enrolled 03/13/19. My catalog years are 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 (not sure if this matters) but when they billed me for the residency waiver it came out to be $2500. I was under the impression it'd be $2200 w/ SDC discount?!  I am aware they've been implementing a lot of changes this year, but did I miss this? I tried searching out this info and didn't come across a recent price increase for the residency waiver unless they're billing me for the 2019-2020 year. Do our fee's have nothing to do with the catalog we're in? I guess that's the better question.

RE: TESU Residency Waiver question - CarpeDiem8 - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 12:26 AM)scout2family Wrote: I just applied for Sept. 2019 graduation(yay!) and have taken several SDC courses. TESU has me listed as a CPPEN Corporate Choice Enrolled 03/13/19. My catalog years are 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 (not sure if this matters) but when they billed me for the residency waiver it came out to be $2500. I was under the impression it'd be $2200 w/ SDC discount?!  I am aware they've been implementing a lot of changes this year, but did I miss this? I tried searching out this info and didn't come across a recent price increase for the residency waiver unless they're billing me for the 2019-2020 year. Do our fee's have nothing to do with the catalog we're in? I guess that's the better question.

Congrats! It may be just that they need to pen you in (again) for the Study.com discount. Can you email them and ask if that is on your account?

RE: TESU Residency Waiver question - scout2family - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 06:52 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 12:26 AM)scout2family Wrote: I just applied for Sept. 2019 graduation(yay!) and have taken several SDC courses. TESU has me listed as a CPPEN Corporate Choice Enrolled 03/13/19. My catalog years are 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 (not sure if this matters) but when they billed me for the residency waiver it came out to be $2500. I was under the impression it'd be $2200 w/ SDC discount?!  I am aware they've been implementing a lot of changes this year, but did I miss this? I tried searching out this info and didn't come across a recent price increase for the residency waiver unless they're billing me for the 2019-2020 year. Do our fee's have nothing to do with the catalog we're in? I guess that's the better question.

Congrats! It may be just that they need to pen you in (again) for the Study.com discount. Can you email them and ask if that is on your account?

I just sent an email asking them to double check. I was hoping to get some clarification on the fees and if they are related to the catalog year we're in. But I can ask TESU once they email me back. Smile

RE: TESU Residency Waiver question - scout2family - 06-25-2019

Looks like they just needed 'reminding' about the Study.com affiliate discount. It was adjusted to $2200. Phew! Now I'm in the home stretch! Fingers crossed.

RE: TESU Residency Waiver question - DeanLewis - 06-26-2019

I had to "remind" them, as they billed me similarly, but reissued an invoice for the SDC rate pretty soon after I asked them to, just last month :-)