Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU BA in Environmental Studies - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU BA in Environmental Studies (/Thread-TESU-BA-in-Environmental-Studies)

TESU BA in Environmental Studies - Lewis.Yim - 07-09-2019

Hello everyone,
I need help with planning my double major in Environmental Studies degree.

Will this do if I am paying for 16 credits instead of the residency waiver?
The main area I need help with is the "F: Area Courses" it needs 9 credits.

Take TESU GLB-301 (3)  Global Issues & Society
Take TESU ENS-314 (6) Global Environmental Change
Take TESU ENS-360 (6) Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice
Take CHEM-Lab (1) Chemistry 1 Lab at SL, ed4credit or at TESU

Environmental Studies 38 credits - 15 must be upper level

A: Biology 1 w/lab - 4 (Completed)
B: Environmental Science - 3 (Completed)
C: Earth's Resources - 3 (GEO-151 Physical Geology)
Study.com GEO-101 Physical Geology transfers to TESU as GEO-151 Phsyical Geology

D: Geology (Human) - 3 UL (TESU GLB-301 Global Issues & Society)
Required: I can't find a transfer available, taking at TESU
E: Chemistry I w/lab - 4 (In progress)
(missing lab credit, will take from SL, Ed4credit, or at TESU)

F: Area Courses - 9
Not sure what to take for these 3 Area Courses
I don't know what would satisfy these requirements, I will email TESU

G: AOS Electives - 12 UL
I don't know any where to get UL Environmental courses
TESU ENS-314 (6) Global Environmental Change
TESU ENS-360 (6) Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice

See attached pictures for details.  Please advise.  Thank you!

RE: TESU BA in Environmental Studies - TwinMom - 07-09-2019

(07-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hello everyone,
I need help with planning my double major in Environmental Studies degree.

I'm very interested to see if this can be worked out.
When I looked at it I couldn't find the UL courses needed but with the new 16 c thing maybe?

I know you could take the Chemistry I with lab at Study.

RE: TESU BA in Environmental Studies - ROYISAGIRL - 07-10-2019

So I'm doing the same degree. If you take the Environmental course from Onlinedegree.com, the Environmental science from Study.com, the Geology from Study.com, also the environmental ethics it'll cover it. The two 6 credit TESU courses will have youol over in credits and you won't need any more Environmental courses.

RE: TESU BA in Environmental Studies - dfrecore - 07-10-2019

The capstone is 3cr UL, so the 3 courses you have listed at the top are 15cr of UL, and you're good on that front. You don't need them in a particular area, just throughout the Area of Study, and I think you've covered that.

ENVS203: Environmental Ethics, Justice & Worldviews (Saylor) comes in as ETH-210
EV103: Climate Change & the Cryosphere (OnlineDegree) comes in as ENS-130

ENS 101: Environment & Humanity (Study.com), Environmental Science (DSST, IC Credit, SL, Sophia, Coopersmith) comes in as ENS-200

BIO121S Environmental Conservation (CSU-Global SSA) - unknown

BIOL 121: Environmental Conservation, BIOL 121L: Environmental Conservation - Lab, GEOL 101: Earth Science, GEOL 101L: Earth Science - Lab (CSU-Pueblo Independent Studies) - unknown

RE: TESU BA in Environmental Studies - Lewis.Yim - 07-10-2019

dfrecore & royisagirl, I guess the courses you mentioned are for the F: Area Courses - 9 credits
I will take the OnlineDegree course and the Saylor.org course to complete 6 of the 9 credits.
Should I take Study.com GEO-101 Human & Cultural Geography as it'll come in as GOG-120?
How about one of the Study.com Earth Science courses? Are there any other providers with courses?

FYI, I can't take Study.com Environmental Science as I have already taken it at StraighterLine.
I was checking Coopersmith, Davar, Ed4credit, OD.com, Saylor, SL, Study.com but don't see anything.
For Clovis and Luna, I was unable to find anything that may fit in as Geology or Environmental Science.
I just checked NMJC, ENGT-213A (Energy Tech) Environmental Health & Safety might work.

RE: TESU BA in Environmental Studies - ROYISAGIRL - 07-11-2019

Section C: physical geology (Study.com)
Section D: Global issues in Society (TESU)
Section F: Environmental Sustainability (TESU 6 credits) and Global Environmental (Tesu 6 credits)

Group 1: is filled from over credits in F

Group 2: Environmental Climate ( onlinedegree.com) and Environmental Ethics (TESU or Saylor)