Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Starting from scratch, where to begin? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Starting from scratch, where to begin? (/Thread-Starting-from-scratch-where-to-begin)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Starting from scratch, where to begin? - SweetsugarNL - 07-09-2019

First things first, im a girl from Europe. I have 120 bachelor credits in communication. I dont think i can transfer these credits? I would like to earn a bachelor degree in distance learning. Not specificy in communications. I have seen many post about study pad, free course, credits etc. I dont know where to begin. Iknow study is in America expensive. How can i "earn" a degree? Where to start? And i think i need a Toefl exam first?

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - lacussucceed - 07-09-2019

You will need to have your credits evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Indeed you will need a certain TOEFL or IELTS score. But I'm not sure this would be the fastest/cheapest/best option for you.
What is your goal? Why do you need a degree?

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - natshar - 07-09-2019

I don't understand if you already have a Bachelor's why do you need another one? Unless you need a USA Bachelor's but at rate, you might be better off getting a USA masters online.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - SweetsugarNL - 07-09-2019

Thank you all. I dont have a bachelor. I dont finished it. And distance learning is not a common thing in my country. Im wondering what is better. Starting from scratch or getting my ec translate to usa credits. Sorry for my terrible English. I have a big jetlag from my vacation.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - SweetsugarNL - 07-10-2019

So after a quick look, TES is the only one who have a communications bachelor.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - Supermind - 07-10-2019

Hi. I am an international student who has just completed a BA-LS at TESU. I had to submit my TOEFL report at the time of enrollment. So, if you can, enrol for the TOEFL or IELTS test right away, and get done with it. I suppose the process of evaluating your transcripts is going to take a month or so. You could use this period to complete TOEFL or IELTS.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - SweetsugarNL - 07-10-2019

Good to know, thank you. Do you remember what score you need?

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - lacussucceed - 07-10-2019

At minimum, TOEFL scores should be 500 on the paper examination, 213 on the computer-based or 79 on the Internet-based test.
At minimum, the IELTS score should be 6.5.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - dfrecore - 07-10-2019

I don't know any schools that specifically have a degree in distance learning, I've not really heard of that.

I think you're much better off getting a WES evaluation, applying to TESU for the Communications degree, and being done. You can pursue the Education portion through a grad cert, teaching credential, master's degree, or something else, after you're done with a BA in Comm.

RE: Starting from scratch, where to begin? - lacussucceed - 07-10-2019

I'm pretty sure the degree on distance learning was a translation error. And indeed, getting a course by course evaluation from ECE or WES would be a first step.