Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question (/Thread-Insurance-Ethics-from-The-Institutes-question)

Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - Idreamofadegree - 07-11-2019

For those of us who took the Insurance Ethics from The Institutes back when it was a 2cr recommendation (as well as had it logged on our ACE transcript)..... Does it still meet the "Civics & Global Learning" portion of a degree at TESU and can you still apply for a waiver for the missing 1 credit?

TIA

RE: Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - davewill - 07-11-2019

Until and unless someone comes here saying they were denied, the answer would be, "Yes".

RE: Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - Merlin - 07-11-2019

(07-11-2019, 04:36 PM)Idreamofadegree Wrote: For those of us who took the Insurance Ethics from The Institutes back when it was a 2cr recommendation (as well as had it logged on our ACE transcript)..... Does it still meet the "Civics & Global Learning" portion of a degree at TESU and can you still apply for a waiver for the missing 1 credit?

TIA

It did for me back in March.

Typically, if a course meets a Gen Ed requirement TESU will accept the course to meet that requirement. If there is a credit shortage for a particular GenEd section, the balance of credits needs to be made up elsewhere in the GenEd section, such as in the Gen Ed electives. I suspect there are limits to this policy, but I had shortages of up to 1.33 cr be accepted without question. I didn't have to apply for a waiver, it just happened automatically.

RE: Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - Idreamofadegree - 07-11-2019

(07-11-2019, 06:48 PM)davewill Wrote: Until and unless someone comes here saying they were denied, the answer would be, "Yes".

Great! Thank you.

(07-11-2019, 06:57 PM)Merlin Wrote: Idreamofadegree

It did for me back in March.

Typically, if a course meets a Gen Ed requirement TESU will accept the course to meet that requirement. If there is a credit shortage for a particular GenEd section, the balance of credits needs to be made up elsewhere in the GenEd section, such as in the Gen Ed electives. I suspect there are limits to this policy, but I had shortages of up to 1.33 cr be accepted without question. I didn't have to apply for a waiver, it just happened automatically.

So great to hear! Thank you so much!

RE: Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question - Idreamofadegree - 07-12-2019

I have another question to piggy back the original......

Since the Ethics requirement on a BA can be met with the previous Insurance Ethics Course from The Institutes, when I address the TEEX courses now, would it be better to do the 101 series to use the CAP course?  (I'm still not clear where that would even fall into the degree plan, sorry still new.)  OR, would it be better to still take them individually (NOT do the vocational credit), earn the credit individually and apply them to a BA that way?  

Thanks for helping me understand things better!