Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful (/Thread-Ethics-and-the-CPCU-course-is-awful)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - BrighterFuture88 - 07-17-2019

I just did my second go-through of this course and I can’t express enough how poorly it is put together.  For one, I can’t find actual specifics to certain questions based on their answer choices in all of the notes, and the answers don’t always make sense based on the information that is found in the notes of the entire course.  I don’t know if it’s just me, but this course is incredibly frustrating.

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - Supermind - 07-17-2019

It can be incredibly frustrating, but just remind yourself you are doing it for the free credits, and nothing else. If it offers 3 credits now, that is even more lucrative.

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - bjcheung77 - 07-17-2019

BrighterFuture88, welcome to the world of free credits! Since you're starting off, you should complete the rest of the free credits first. My advice is the following for all courses, invest in a second monitor, that second monitor can be used to review your work or have the course work open when you're doing these FREE credits. I use the second monitor for everything, assignments, quizzes, midterms, BUT the proctor exam. It's a life saver as you can search your answer with their guide or PDFs and links they provide.

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - BrighterFuture88 - 07-18-2019

(07-17-2019, 08:41 PM)Supermind Wrote: It can be incredibly frustrating, but just remind yourself you are doing it for the free credits, and nothing else. If it offers 3 credits now, that is even more lucrative.

After four incredibly long attempts, I FINALLY passed with a 72%!  So, is it only 3 credits depending on the institution I go to, or is it 3 regardless?

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - Supermind - 07-18-2019

ACE has deemed it to be a 3-credit course. So whichever university accepts ACE credits, will award you 3 credits. Congratulations! You have fulfilled your Ethics requirement!!

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - BrighterFuture88 - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 09:18 AM)Supermind Wrote: ACE has deemed it to be a 3-credit course. So whichever university accepts ACE credits, will award you 3 credits. Congratulations! You have fulfilled your Ethics requirement!!

Perfect!  Thanks for the information, as I originally thought it was only 1 credit, so this is excellent news!

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - dfrecore - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 10:58 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:18 AM)Supermind Wrote: ACE has deemed it to be a 3-credit course. So whichever university accepts ACE credits, will award you 3 credits. Congratulations! You have fulfilled your Ethics requirement!!

Perfect!  Thanks for the information, as I originally thought it was only 1 credit, so this is excellent news!

It used to be 2cr UL, but recently was changed to 3cr LL - which is actually better for most people anyway (2cr of UL is SO not helpful unless you already have 1cr of UL or 4cr of UL).

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - bethanyneedsajob - 07-19-2019

(07-18-2019, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It used to be 2cr UL, but recently was changed to 3cr LL - which is actually better for most people anyway (2cr of UL is SO not helpful unless you already have 1cr of UL or 4cr of UL).
My ACE transcript still shows “In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 2 semester hours in Ethics for Insurance Professionals or business ethics (9/15).” - not sure if this is because I’ve already completed it...

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - natshar - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 05:06 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It used to be 2cr UL, but recently was changed to 3cr LL - which is actually better for most people anyway (2cr of UL is SO not helpful unless you already have 1cr of UL or 4cr of UL).
My ACE transcript still shows “In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 2 semester hours in Ethics for Insurance Professionals or business ethics (9/15).” - not sure if this is because I’ve already completed it...

Yeah, its because you already completed it. ACE recommendations are based on the completion date.

RE: Ethics and the CPCU course is awful - BrighterFuture88 - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 05:20 PM)natshar Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 05:06 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote:

Yeah, its because you already completed it. ACE recommendations are based on the completion date.

How long does it take for the pending status to go to approve?  It's still pending, whereas my TEEX & Sophia courses were approved within a day.