Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Arizona State / Brandman / other university - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Arizona State / Brandman / other university (/Thread-Arizona-State-Brandman-other-university)

Pages: 1 2

Arizona State / Brandman / other university - SweetsugarNL - 07-31-2019

So i have read a lot of information about the big three.
I find some other university`s like Arizona state and Brandman.

However, these university`s looks like less flexible about tested out.

Who have experience wich this two or other university`?
Iknow you are able to transfer credits in and they accept international students.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - lacussucceed - 07-31-2019

The difference is less testing out, higher cost. You will still need your existing credits evaluated and toefl, ielts, pte. Also there are Academic requirements and Competency requirements. If you start from zero it will be over 50,000 at Arizona State.

Have you received your course by course evaluation? Please post that and you TESU initial evaluation, maybe that way a feasible plan can be made.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - bjcheung77 - 07-31-2019

lacussucceed Wrote:The difference is less testing out, higher cost. You will still need your existing credits evaluated and toefl, ielts, pte. Also there are Academic requirements and Competency requirements. If you start from zero it will be over 50,000 at Arizona State.

Have you received your course by course evaluation? Please post that and you TESU initial evaluation, maybe that way a feasible plan can be made.

This. I've been reading your posts SSNL, you're "stalling". The only way to move forward is to get an evaluation from ECE or WES, and see what they say you have as US equivalents. "ALL US SCHOOLS" will need to transfer your credits over, this determines the amount and what course equivalents it comes in as. So, don't waste your time looking for schools, if you don't know what credits will come in as yet.

Your best bet is to start working on your General Education courses for cheap, from StraighterLine/Study.com while waiting for your Communication courses to get evaluated. You can have 125 credits in Communications, but you will still not get a degree until you get the rest that compose the degree in full. Each of the course requirements of a degree must be met... again, don't think too much on the perfect school/degree, get the courses started.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - SweetsugarNL - 07-31-2019

I have send emails to the universitys where i have credits for collecting my documents for ECE. And im preparing my toefl test. I think i need al the general courses. Because in my country we dont have these. Thats why transfering is so difficult. Each bachelor /university have its own program. You choose a bachelor program include a major. If you would like to change you start over again from zero. I have one free sophia course finished. But toefl and ECE are the most important things right now.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 08-01-2019

How are you preparing for TOEFL? Online TPO exams and apps? The test has changed starting from today. There are some free TOEFL Speaking courses on Udemy.com if you want to look into those.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - SweetsugarNL - 08-01-2019

For now i do the inside toefl "course" from edx. And i read a lot of articles and watch academic lectures from harvard and yale on YouTube. But i would like to purchase some practise stuff but the most dont have the change from today in it.

RE: Arizona State / Brandman / other university - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 02:52 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: For now i do the inside toefl "course" from edx. And i read a lot of articles and watch academic lectures from harvard and yale on YouTube. But i would like to purchase some practise stuff but the most dont have the change from today in it.

That sounds good. A downloadable TPO program could be great for practice tests too, if you want.

I also don't have much information about the new exam, because none of my students have a new score report yet. This video could help a little but it doesn't provide any new practice materials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8dA_WsrSA

Any recommends wich one is the best( mangoos, ets ...).

(08-01-2019, 07:06 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Any recommends wich one is the best( mangoos, ets ...).
My students use some Chinese program that has TPO 1-54. I don't know its name. But ETS makes the TOEFL exam, and I have used their TOEFL guidebook with students here. You can use any TPO program that you are comfortable with.

I saw the chinese version. Thank you.