Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: CLEP, DSST, and TECEP Exam Discussion. Also Modern States and InstantCert. (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-CLEP-DSST-and-TECEP-Exam-Discussion-Also-Modern-States-and-InstantCert)
+--- Thread: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank (/Thread-TECEP-Easiest-to-hardest-rank)

Pages: 1 2

TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - Tincer - 08-05-2019

Hie all, 

If you have taken TECEP exams may you please list which ones you found hard and easy. You do not have to explain nut feel free to do so...

Tusinde tak på forhånd

Tince

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - NolaRice - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 03:47 PM)Tincer Wrote: Hie all, 

If you have taken TECEP exams may you please list which ones you found hard and easy. You do not have to explain nut feel free to do so...

Tusinde tak på forhånd

Tince

Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107-TE) was really easy, I did not need to study.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - Ideas - 08-05-2019

I think that most UL exams will be harder than most LL exams. The UL Finance exams were difficult.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - suzycupcake - 08-05-2019

Some people here will say the Liberal Arts Math TECEP was easy but I didn't think so. I thought it was really hard and I failed it miserably. Thank God for CSMLearn. Smile

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - Ideas - 08-05-2019

People say the Medical Terminology one is easy.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - natshar - 08-05-2019

If you go look at the TECEPs you can view the details for each exam. Each exam has a different format (multiple-choice, short answer, essay, etc.), time limit and % rate to pass. You can go from there.

Examples:

Environmental Ethics:
 Test format: 40 multiple-choice questions (1 point each); 4 essay questions (10 points each)
 Passing score: 65% (52/80 points). Your grade will be reported as CR (credit) or NC (no credit).
 Time limit: 2 hours

Microeconomics:
 Test format: 100 multiple-choice questions (1 point each)
 Passing score: 70% (70/100 points).Your grade will be reported as CR (credit) or NC (no credit).
 Time limit: 2 hours

Applied Liberal Arts Math:
Test format: 75 multiple-choice questions (1 point each).
 Passing score: 70% (53/75 points).Your grade will be reported as CR (credit) or NC (no credit).
 Time limit:3 hours

I think "easy" or "hard" depends on what subjects you are most familiar and knowledgeable of. Also, what types of questions (multiple-choice, essays, etc.) you are best at.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - Murdockb - 08-05-2019

Intro to Critical Reasoning was easy. And they have a free course you can take.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - dfrecore - 08-06-2019

(08-05-2019, 07:09 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Some people here will say the Liberal Arts Math TECEP was easy but I didn't think so. I thought it was really hard and I failed it miserably. Thank God for CSMLearn. Smile

I say it's easy if you're good at math, and have already taken a course or two above it: I took it after passing the ALEKS Beginning & Intermediate Algebra courses, so it was very easy.

But everything is relative, so to tell someone that something is easy for you doesn't mean it will be for them.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - moptop - 08-06-2019

Wrote the Technical Writing exam a month ago. 97% grade with only 20 minutes of studying. Took English Comp II a week later and got 75% which is funny because I studied for 5 hours right before the exam.

RE: TECEP Easiest to hardest rank - dfrecore - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 11:49 AM)moptop Wrote: Wrote the Technical Writing exam a month ago. 97% grade with only 20 minutes of studying. Took English Comp II a week later and got 75% which is funny because I studied for 5 hours right before the exam.

I didn't study for either of these and got 84% on TW and 79% on EC2.

I say they are both easy IF you are a proficient typist.  If you're not, you're probably going to struggle.