Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
UL Math courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: UL Math courses (/Thread-UL-Math-courses)

Pages: 1 2

UL Math courses - Giantzebra - 08-06-2019

Is there anyone who offers cheap ul math courses? Also, what is the cheapest way to get public speaking - or anything else that will fill TESU's communication requirement?

RE: UL Math courses - TwinMom - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 02:46 PM)Giantzebra Wrote: Is there anyone who offers cheap ul math courses? Also, what is the cheapest way to get public speaking - or anything else that will fill TESU's communication requirement?

Most people like Presentation Skills from Study.com to fulfill the oral presentation requirement at TESU

RE: UL Math courses - Giantzebra - 08-06-2019

Is this the cheapest way to do it? How much does it cost?

RE: UL Math courses - NolaRice - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 02:46 PM)Giantzebra Wrote: Is there anyone who offers cheap ul math courses? Also, what is the cheapest way to get public speaking - or anything else that will fill TESU's communication requirement?

Look into Coopersmith

RE: UL Math courses - TwinMom - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 03:29 PM)Giantzebra Wrote: Is this the cheapest way to do it? How much does it cost?

A Study.com College Accelerator membership is $199/month and 2 exams are included.  So if you need another course (Study doesn't have any upper level math classes though) and you can do 2 classes in one month it would be $199

RE: UL Math courses - jeffreymb - 08-07-2019

I'm in the middle of Coopersmith's Linear Algebra course. According to an adviser at TESU, it will transfer in as MAT-321.

The course consists of 9 modules for which there is a reading in the optional text book, several video lectures from YouTube and then a few practice problems. My experience so far has been that the video lectures alone are insufficient to give the student a good grasp of the material. I've been supplementing with LOTS of other videos on YouTube (3blue1brown, MIT Open CourseWare, Khan Academy, etc), and even then wondering if I should invest the $50 in the textbook. 100% of the grade is based on the final test with no quizzes other than the 8-10 practice problems at the end of each module. I'm finding it is a bit hard to get a good feel for how well I'm getting the material as I go along.

In working through the material, I've found several mistakes that I've reported. They do very well at responding and getting them fixed within the next day or so. They've also told me that I'm the first student to ever take the course, so I'm not surprised there are some issues.

RE: UL Math courses - Tincer - 08-07-2019

(08-07-2019, 02:35 AM)jeffreymb Wrote: I'm in the middle of Coopersmith's Linear Algebra course. According to an adviser at TESU, it will transfer in as MAT-321.

The course consists of 9 modules for which there is a reading in the optional text book, several video lectures from YouTube and then a few practice problems. My experience so far has been that the video lectures alone are insufficient to give the student a good grasp of the material. I've been supplementing with LOTS of other videos on YouTube (3blue1brown, MIT Open CourseWare, Khan Academy, etc), and even then wondering if I should invest the $50 in the textbook. 100% of the grade is based on the final test with no quizzes other than the 8-10 practice problems at the end of each module. I'm finding it is a bit hard to get a good feel for how well I'm getting the material as I go along.

In working through the material, I've found several mistakes that I've reported. They do very well at responding and getting them fixed within the next day or so. They've also told me that I'm the first student to ever take the course, so I'm not surprised there are some issues.

Hie Jeff,

Thank you for the insights. I am thinking of enrolling myself but Coopersmith do not make this decision easy with the lack of information about their courses. What is the name of the textbook if I may ask?

Kind regards

Tincer

RE: UL Math courses - jeffreymb - 08-07-2019

(08-07-2019, 05:32 AM)Tincer Wrote: Hie Jeff,

Thank you for the insights. I am thinking of enrolling myself but Coopersmith do not make this decision easy with the lack of information about their courses. What is the name of the textbook if I may ask?

Kind regards

Tincer

The textbook is this one: http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/linear-algebra-and-its-applications-subscription-0134013476

RE: UL Math courses - Salamander - 09-03-2019

I can't seem to find anywhere it states how many times you can retake to final if you happen to fail the first time. Does anyone know?

RE: UL Math courses - Salamander - 09-05-2019

(09-03-2019, 10:26 AM)Salamander Wrote: I can't seem to find anywhere it states how many times you can retake to final if you happen to fail the first time. Does anyone know?

Called and found out yesterday, there is no limit, you can retes without limits. Hope someone finds this helpful.