Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Degree by May? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Degree by May? (/Thread-Degree-by-May)

Pages: 1 2

Degree by May? - amberwalk - 08-18-2019

Needing some help with a degree plan.  My daughter, 18, will be graduating this year.  Next year she plans to attend a local ministry school that isnt accredited ($$$).  They have a partnership with Southeastern University for an Associates or bachelors in Christian Ministry.  Classes from SEU will be the ONLY classes allowed to transfer in to the program.  With the demands of the program she will not be able to do double coursework to obtain the degree from SEU so we want her to finish a degree this year before attending the ministry program. Please help me with a degree plan that will take the least amount of time and take the credits she already has, 36 credits total
Currently taking from SEU to lighten the course-load later :
Theo 2132 Christian Thought
Core 1001 Christian Calling
Bible 1433 Old Testament Survey
Bible 1533 New Testament Survey
(12 Credits)
Liberty: English 100, I dont know if it will transfer (3 credits)
Bluefield College:  BUS ? Computer Applications (3 credits)
Sophia:
Managing conflict 1 
Dev Effective Teams 1
Student Success 1
College Algebra 3
Visual Communication 3
Biology 3
Art History 3
Psychology 3
(18 credits)
note: we are not planning to CLEP any classes

RE: Degree by May? - amberwalk - 08-19-2019

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

RE: Degree by May? - dfrecore - 08-19-2019

I'm very unclear as to what you are wanting. So are you asking for a degree plan for SEU? Which degree? AA or BA? Major? And if the ministry school won't take anything except "Classes from SEU will be the ONLY classes allowed to transfer in to the program", then what's the point of trying to take alternative credit? Again, very confusing in your goals.

RE: Degree by May? - hsfamfun - 08-19-2019

I am not sure what you are asking, either. Are you wanting a degree plan from one of the Big 3? If yes, what kind of degree? Or are you wanting a degree plan from SEU?

RE: Degree by May? - mysonx3 - 08-19-2019

I think what OP is asking for is a plan to get a degree from one of the Big 3 so that her daughter can have a degree prior to starting the ministry program, since the SEU partnership program doesn't seem to be for her. OP, is that correct?

RE: Degree by May? - dfrecore - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 03:12 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I think what OP is asking for is a plan to get a degree from one of the Big 3 so that her daughter can have a degree prior to starting the ministry program, since the SEU partnership program doesn't seem to be for her. OP, is that correct?

If that's the case, then I assume the OP wants a BALS at COSC, since that will be the cheapest of the Big 3 degrees?  For speed, I think they're all about the same.

RE: Degree by May? - davewill - 08-19-2019

I'm guessing that she just needs to finish earning the credits by May and is OK with the degree being granted later? Basically 82 credits including the cornerstone and capstone in 9 months? It might just be possible, but it will be a difficult challenge

RE: Degree by May? - amberwalk - 08-22-2019

Yes, so sorry that I wasnt clear on the school. Any of the Big 3. Any degree besides interdisciplinary studies. Thank you

RE: Degree by May? - natshar - 08-22-2019

Well the other issue you might you run into is she doesn't have a high school diploma yet. I'm not sure if she will able to get into the big 3 until after she graduates in May.

So that could set the timeline back a bit. For TESU if she is lucky might be able to get into the June or July capstone and cornerstone that would put her at December graduation. Not sure how it would work with the other schools time-wise or anything. But I'm pretty sure you can't get into the big 3 unless you have a high school diploma or equivalent at least that's how TESU works.

RE: Degree by May? - amberwalk - 08-22-2019

we homeschool, shes met her credits for graduation we've just extended it for dual enrollment (its cheaper). I can issue a diploma at any time, but she walks in May. Do all 3 have a cornerstone AND capstone? what is the time length of corner/capstones? I wasnt expecting 6 months