Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
30 ul doable at Study.com? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: 30 ul doable at Study.com? (/Thread-30-ul-doable-at-Study-com)

Pages: 1 2

30 ul doable at Study.com? - SweetsugarNL - 08-20-2019

Is it possible to get 30 Ul at study.com? I making a cost plan for a bals. If not where do you get these?

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - cecilgambe7 - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 05:47 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Is it possible to get 30 Ul at study.com? I making a cost plan for a bals. If not where do you get these?

I think you cant, any course from study.com that is transfered to your university as a course that begins with 3 or 4 is a upper level course (301, 401, etc)

For example, for COSC:

History 306: The American Civil War Era
History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War
Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Psychology 306: Advanced Abnormal Psychology
Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality
Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology
Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics or Business 318: Management Ethics

Just 8 courses will meet the UL for liberal arts, so you need to get credits from another resourse like SL.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - jamshid666 - 08-20-2019

Study.com has 53 courses that are ACE recommended for upper level credit worth a total of 160 SH, so yeah, it's easy to get the 30+ hours of upper-level credit.

Well, relatively easy. The lower-level credit classes at SDC only require the quizzes and proctored exam. The upper-level classes require additional projects, generally writing assignments, to complete.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - natshar - 08-20-2019

I wouldn't say any course listed at 300/400 is UL credit. This is not the case with ACE and TESU. Just double check the COSC (or EC or whatever school) equivalency page and it will tell you which courses are UL.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - cecilgambe7 - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 08:53 AM)natshar Wrote: I wouldn't say any course listed at 300/400 is UL credit. This is not the case with ACE and TESU. Just double check the COSC (or EC or whatever school) equivalency page and it will tell you which courses are UL.

Some universities dont take a study.com 300 or 400 courses as it, like for example:

Study.com Criminal Justice 301: White Collar Crime
COSC will take this course as a LL course

The list i show in previos reply are study.com courses that meet Liberal Arts requeriments and that COSC takes as UL, but now i see a new list at study.com website with maybe more courses that meet UL for COSC

Again, by checking the new list that explicit what course will transfer to COSC (https://study.com/college/school/charter-oak-state-college.html) as Upper level i made this new list:

History 306: The American Civil War Era
History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War
History 311: The Holocaust & World War II
Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality
Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work
Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics (Transfered as PHL485)

Just 9 liberal arts courses are UL so you only will get 27 of 30 credits.

Study.com have 40 courses that transfer to COSC as UL courses but most of this courses are Business or IT related (no liberal arts).

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - quigongene - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 08:58 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Just 9 liberal arts courses are UL so you only will get 27 of 30 credits.

The other 3 credits would come from the capstone.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - SweetsugarNL - 08-20-2019

Thank you so much. It is really a puzzle.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - mysonx3 - 08-20-2019

Not all of your upper level has to be in Liberal Arts for a BALS at COSC, right?

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - NolaRice - 08-20-2019

Out of the big 3, does TESU have the easiest requirements for UL? Most TESU degree plans state 15 UL credits for a BA.

RE: 30 ul doable at Study.com? - davewill - 08-21-2019

(08-20-2019, 11:34 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Out of the big 3, does TESU have the easiest requirements for UL? Most TESU degree plans state 15 UL credits for a BA.

In general, yes. All 15 of the TESU UL credits must be in the AOS, while the other schools allow some of them to be in other areas. Also, the other schools seem to be a bit more liberal in counting transfer credit as UL than TESU is. However, I don't think that's enough to make up for the extra UL needed.