Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESC, Excelsior tuition question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESC, Excelsior tuition question (/Thread-TESC-Excelsior-tuition-question)

TESC, Excelsior tuition question - cjour - 02-22-2008

Is TESC cheaper or Excelsior?

TESC, Excelsior tuition question - larry7crys - 02-23-2008

Depends on the route you take. TESC offers a comprehensive and enrolled options. The question I would ask is "Which college accepts more credits which I already earned?"

TESC, Excelsior tuition question - cjour - 02-23-2008

from what i read, TESC accepts more credits than Excelsior.
Which one would be cheaper based on just needing an outlet to graduate for my CLEPs and Dantes?

TESC, Excelsior tuition question - CDM - 02-23-2008

I have the "Guide to tuition and fees" from TE for 2007. The "enrolled" option for out of state residents (non- Jersey residents) was $2,193 for the first year -- and $1,895 for the subsequent years. Graduation fee is $225. Fees probably went up since that publication - but at least you have an approximate price.

TESC, Excelsior tuition question - joel66 - 02-23-2008

I wanted to go to TESC, but found it to be much more expensive if I plan to take most of my courses at the local community college at 20 per unit, and CLEP/DSST exams. Based on that, I looked at the fees than the units.

Year 1 - TESC
Application Fee = $75
Annual Tuition = $2300
Estimated costs for year 1 = $2,375

Year 2 - TESC
Annual Tuition = $1995
Estimated costs for year 2 = $1995

My course plan because I'm going to American River College

Year 1 - Excelsior
Excelsior Enrollment fee = $895
Application fee = 75

Year 2 - Excelsior
Student Services Annual fee = $440

Now, just comparing Excelsior and Thomas Edison based on taking courses at their schools and transferring 60 units.

Year 1 - TESC
Application Fee = $75
Transfer of previously earned credit = 60 s.h.
Annual Tuition = $2300
Technology Services Fee = $97
Course Registration Fee $35 per semester @ 5 semesters = $175
Course Tuition 30 s.h. @ $165 = $4950

Estimated costs for year 1 = $7,597

Year 1 - Excelsior
Application Fee = $75
Transfer of previously earned credit = 60 s.h.
Enrollment Fee = $895
Course Tuition 30 s.h. @ $290 = $8700

Estimated costs for year 1 = $9,670

As you see, it's cheaper to go to TESC if you sign up and only go to that school to take courses compared to Excelsior. I choose Excelsior because I'm paying 20 per unit at ARC and taking a few CLEP. If I did that going to TESC, I still have to pay the initial fee of 2300 and annual tuition of 1995 on top of my courses. The annual fees is something my employer doesn't pay.