Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Upper Level Liberal Arts - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Upper Level Liberal Arts (/Thread-Upper-Level-Liberal-Arts--33261)

Upper Level Liberal Arts - csferrell - 09-11-2019

I have 4 upper level liberal arts classes and 5 general electives to complete my BALS. Other than the SOS-110 and Capstone. I am thinking of taking the Upper level courses before the electives, because if I get a D in a course, it would still count as an elective, although not toward the upper level liberal requirement, which would need a C. I of course hope, I will pass them all. Does this sound reasonable and anyone have recommendation for UL liberal arts courses.

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - lacussucceed - 09-11-2019

Where do you take these courses? TESU? Another provider?

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - diminutive - 09-11-2019

Are you open to tests? All my upper level liberal studies are from DSSTs (4 out of 5 - hoping to do the last as a TECEP.)

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - csferrell - 09-12-2019

Sorry. I guess I assumed since I am going to TESU. everyone else would know that, duh me. I wouldn't mind doing all 4 UL online for 12 credits matched with capstone and SOS to get 18 total and avoid the 2800 dollar fee. I am a cash student so cheapest I will get is the 2 mandos and 2800 that come out to about 5800. Of course, that's a lot less than 9000 for 18 credits. I use study.com , but not sure I can score 4 UL liberal arts from them to satisfy TESU.

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - csferrell - 09-15-2019

Found alot of information by just communicating with Thomas Edison Advisor. Transferred in 61 credits a few months ago, since I used Study.com to Complete ENC101,ENC102, SOC101, STA202, TECEP for HIS126 using Study.com prep course, TECEP PHI130 using Thomas Edison own course material, TECEP ETH210 using Saylor for prep, cruising with 6 electives 4 upper levels to go. Currently enrolled HUM101, BIO101, PSY101. Found looking around here is a bit like chasing your tail, just call your school get it right from the source.

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - suzycupcake - 09-15-2019

IDK if this is an option for you but I love Coopersmith UL courses. Study and pass. No books necessary. They give you everything you need in a PowerPoint.

In my signature you will see what I've taken and I have 2 more on deck. They've become my favorite provider.

RE: Upper Level Liberal Arts - dfrecore - 09-17-2019

Yes, I would do the UL courses/exams first, I advise leaving free electives until last for just that reason you listed.

Study.com has MANY UL courses you can use for the BALS AOS. Tons.