Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? (/Thread-Excelsior-Information-Literacy-substitution)

Pages: 1 2 3

Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - dfwdegree - 09-12-2019

Hi,
  I'm considering enrolling at Excelsior college prior to November 1st so I can avoid the new cornerstone requirement.  That being said, I'm in a bit of a time crunch.  I just found out about the study.com discount, which waives the $50 application fee and it brings the enrollment fee down to $760 from $1095.  I need to take two quick study.com courses to qualify.  Does anyone know of some fast courses I can blow through in the next couple weeks for a bsba degree?   I was also wondering if anyone knew of a course that can be transferred in to Excelsior college that will fulfill the information literacy requirement?

Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - ROYISAGIRL - 09-12-2019

Study.com's Library Science information literacy course is comes in as information literacy for excelsior and you can probably get it done quickly. Also do presentation in the work place its super easy and fast.

I use to be royisagirl sigh somehow I can't get into my account

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - dfwdegree - 09-12-2019

(09-12-2019, 07:11 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Study.com's Library Science information literacy course is comes in as information literacy for excelsior and you can probably get it done quickly. Also do presentation in the work place its super easy and fast.

I use to be royisagirl sigh somehow I can't get into my account
Thank you very much, I'll definitely try those courses!

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - Life Long Learning - 09-12-2019

I did the Excelsior college in two days.

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - gams007 - 09-13-2019

(09-12-2019, 06:29 PM)dfwdegree Wrote: Hi,
  I'm considering enrolling at Excelsior college prior to November 1st so I can avoid the new cornerstone requirement.  That being said, I'm in a bit of a time crunch.  I just found out about the study.com discount, which waives the $50 application fee and it brings the enrollment fee down to $760 from $1095.  I need to take two quick study.com courses to qualify.  Does anyone know of some fast courses I can blow through in the next couple weeks for a bsba degree?   I was also wondering if anyone knew of a course that can be transferred in to Excelsior college that will fulfill the information literacy requirement?

How did you get this price $760 for the enrollment if on Excelsior website this is stated for the study.com partners.
"*Students who do not complete the required number of Excelsior course credits before graduation will be switched to the Multi-Source option and charged the Multi-Source enrollment fee of $1095."  

Source.
https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/study-com/

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - wow - 10-03-2019

(09-13-2019, 06:22 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 06:29 PM)dfwdegree Wrote: Hi,

How did you get this price $760 for the enrollment if on Excelsior website this is stated for the study.com partners.
"*Students who do not complete the required number of Excelsior course credits before graduation will be switched to the Multi-Source option and charged the Multi-Source enrollment fee of $1095."  

Source.
https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/study-com/

$760 is what they had on their website at the beginning of September, when they were offering still applying the discount to ALL fees. They recently changed it. Apparently they wanted to be more like TESU. (The last comment was snark, in case it didn't transfer through the internet.)

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - Ssorck - 10-04-2019

Not sure if this helps you or not but I'm in the process of wrapping up my degree at Excelsior. I took the Davar academy info lit class in the middle of August and it was accepted. The exam was pretty easy, studied the material maybe 10-12 hours. Of course this changes once their new cornerstone requirement hits...

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - dfwdegree - 10-04-2019

After being told over and over again that nothing, outside of the $530 one hour Excelsior course would fulfill the information literacy requirement, I finally received this email response...
"Hi Michael, In digging into this deeper, you are correct.  We can accept Study.com’s Library Science 10: Information Literacy.  I apologize for my misinformation.  We just had a change in policy for Information Literacy (INL).  Please forgive me.".

Now I just need to decide how important skipping the cornerstone is to me.

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - diminutive - 10-04-2019

How is the capstone at Excelsior? Was it very involved?

RE: Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? - ROYISAGIRL - 10-04-2019

(10-04-2019, 02:12 PM)dfwdegree Wrote: After being told over and over again that nothing, outside of the $530 one hour Excelsior course would fulfill the information literacy requirement, I finally received this email response...
"Hi Michael, In digging into this deeper, you are correct.  We can accept Study.com’s Library Science 10: Information Literacy.  I apologize for my misinformation.  We just had a change in policy for Information Literacy (INL).  Please forgive me.".

Now I just need to decide how important skipping the cornerstone is to me.
That's what I used also