Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry (/Thread-Straighterline-CHEM-101-General-Chemistry)

Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - lem5283 - 09-19-2019

Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days. I've completed all of the exams, but have the final exam remaining. Does anyone have input on studying for know of final exam study guides I can access online? There is so much material to cover I am not sure how my studying strategy should go. Are the questions pulled from the previous course exams or are they completely new? I heard of many people failing. I'm a beginner to chemistry and feel lost. Any help / advice / or overview of your experience with this course is appreciated !!

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - lacussucceed - 09-19-2019

You could have some questions from previous non-final exams.
Calculate what percentage you need to pass the course. The final is only 310/1000, you need 700/1000 overall so ...
Your final will be closed book. The "Periodic Table" under final exam resources on Moodle left navigation bar and the scientific calculator are allowed. You should be familiar with them, use them while you practice. You can have one 5 min break if you need to.

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - eleverson - 02-14-2020

I thought the course was too intense after getting into it and requested to switch to anatomy physiology.

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - Rubinamulla - 04-20-2020

(09-19-2019, 02:25 PM)lem5283 Wrote: Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days. I've completed all of the exams, but have the final exam remaining. Does anyone have input on studying for know of final exam study guides I can access online? There is so much material to cover I am not sure how my studying strategy should go. Are the questions pulled from the previous course exams or are they completely new? I heard of many people failing. I'm a beginner to chemistry and feel lost. Any help / advice / or overview of your experience with this course is appreciated !!
Hi. Did you give the finals? How was it? Do you have questions from finals? You gave Proctored exam? Please reply.

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - Sapientes - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Rubinamulla Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 02:25 PM)lem5283 Wrote: Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days........
Hi. Did you give the finals? How was it? Do you have questions from finals? You gave Proctored exam? Please reply.

That user hasn't logged onto this site in a while. However, I found a review of SL Chemistry 1 on another thread that should answer your questions.

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - bjcheung77 - 04-22-2020

An FYI, the StraighterLine courses are pretty well done as they use a great textbook. Some but not all their courses are open book final, so you can practically pass the course as long as you get 70% cumulative grade. The final exam is only worth 30% in most cases, so you can get a mediocre score and pass. For the labs, as long as you do all the work, it should be an easy course to complete as well.

RE: Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry - Rubinamulla - 05-05-2020

Thank you so much.  Smile