Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Interrupted Final - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Interrupted Final (/Thread-Study-com-Interrupted-Final)

Study.com Interrupted Final - harrypotter - 09-19-2019

I took my final last night. I locked the door but my brother knocked & called out my name. I’m not sure sure if one would be able to hear him through the computer microphone though. All I said was that I’m taking an exam (without opening the door or leaving my seat) & he walked away. I don’t know if I’ll get any points marked down on the final or if it’ll even be accepted. Im only 7 points over the minimum total score to pass so I hope they don’t mark down points either (if that’s even a thing). Has anyone here been interrupted during a final?

It’s also the last course to complete my BA *fingers crossed*

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - lacussucceed - 09-19-2019

They will hear him, and yourself speaking. Never heard of marking down points, I think it's either accepted or not. In this case I wouldn't know, perhaps it would've been better to remain silent instead of talking, but hindsight is 20/20. You'll know in a couple of days.

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - TwinMom - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 02:27 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I took my final last night. I locked the door but my brother knocked & called out my name. I’m not sure sure if one would be able to hear him through the computer microphone though. All I said was that I’m taking an exam & he walked away. I don’t know if I’ll get any points marked down on the final or if it’ll even be accepted. Im only 7 points over the minimum total score to pass so I hope they mark down points. Has anyone here been interrupted during a final?

Keep us updated but I'm betting it will be fine.

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - AwardTour - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 02:27 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I took my final last night. I locked the door but my brother knocked & called out my name. I’m not sure sure if one would be able to hear him through the computer microphone though. All I said was that I’m taking an exam & he walked away. I don’t know if I’ll get any points marked down on the final or if it’ll even be accepted. Im only 7 points over the minimum total score to pass so I hope they don’t mark down points either (if that’s even a thing). Has anyone here been interrupted during a final?

I hope it goes well for you. Be sure to let us know either way. Next time, tape a piece of paper to your door that says "testing in progress!" or simply "Be quiet. DO NOT KNOCK!". I put chairs in front of my doorway to block it and put tape over the doorbell when I take a test.

Study.com Interrupted Final - harrypotter - 09-25-2019

Just got an email from SDC saying congratulations (on passing the course). I’m officially done! Big Grin

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - udi - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 01:14 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Just got an email from SDC saying congratulations (on passing the course). I’m officially done! Big Grin

Lol! I wasn't expecting that. Somebody let you by.

Study.com Interrupted Final - harrypotter - 09-25-2019

There’s a $40 fee to request an ACE transcript??

My school accepts both NCCRS/ ACE. Looks like the fee is the same for both transcripts requests. Is one quicker than the other?

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - lacussucceed - 09-25-2019

Maybe your school accepts a direct transcript from SDC or SL? That would be free of charge.
I think the ACE fee is $20 for the first, $15 for additional ones.

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - AwardTour - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 01:14 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Just got an email from SDC saying congratulations (on passing the course). I’m officially done! Big Grin

Congrats! I am happy that everything turned out okay for you. Thanks for letting everyone here know how it turned out.

RE: Study.com Interrupted Final - NolaRice - 09-27-2019

They've been pretty reasonable so far with my cat constantly mugging for the webcam during my exams  Big Grin Congrats!