Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit (/Thread-Rio-Salado-Community-College-Ariz-raises-online-prices-85-to-250-credit)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - Life Long Learning - 09-25-2019

Way overpriced!  I can find tons way cheaper than $750 class.

https://www.insidehighered.com/digital-learning/article/2019/09/25/rio-salados-national-division-targets-education-deserts?utm_content=buffere98eb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin&utm_campaign=IHEbuffer

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - bluebooger - 09-25-2019

they're aiming to get more of that student loan and GI Bill money

why keep prices low when you know you can raise prices and instead of looking elsewhere students will just borrow money to pay the higher price

Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - harrypotter - 09-25-2019

Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - videogamesrock - 09-26-2019

What a joke. You can go to a four year college for less.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - dfrecore - 09-26-2019

Bummer - they were one of my go-to cc's when someone asked about graded credits!

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - sanantone - 09-26-2019

What used to be the price for non-Maricopa county residents? The pricing is in line with what one would see across the country at CCs. Maricopa and Arizona taxpayers are not subsidizing non-residents who don't pay county and state taxes. The tuition is still much cheaper than out-of-state tuition at most public universities and definitely regionally accredited, private colleges.

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - cookderosa - 09-26-2019

My son is finishing a class at Rio now. It wasn't EVER $85 for an out of state student, we paid $250 for his 1 credit nutrition lab. To get $85/credit you had to live in Maricopa county.
It's typical for community colleges to charge an arm and a leg for out of state tuition.

My local CC is only $76 per credit if you live here. It's $268 a credit if you don't.

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - darthweezy - 09-26-2019

I converted 30+ credits with them at $42 per credit hour. But.... they have an agreement with Texas for peace officers.

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - dfrecore - 09-26-2019

Last I checked it was something like $215/cr, maybe less.

It was similar in cost to most of the 4yr schools I know that have fairly inexpensive Independent Study/Distance Learning options like U of Arkansas, U of Idaho, and CSU-Pueblo - but it had many more options than those. Now it is more expensive than all of those by quite a bit. Still has a lot more courses though.

RE: Rio Salado Community College, Ariz., raises online prices $85 to $250 credit - Life Long Learning - 09-26-2019

I think $750 ($250/credit) is high for a Community College.

Just 25 min of google and I can find better Out-of-State deals!

Cochise College, AZ, Online Out-of-State $143
College of Southern Nevada, 1-7 Credits Out-of-State, Lower-Level, $113
College of Southern Nevada, 1-7 Credits Out-of-State, BAS Upper-Level, $185
Highline College, WA, Out-of-State $124.85/credit ($187.28/SH)

$296.10 Out-of-State, Western Illinois University
$296.50 Out-of-State, Peru State College
$285 Out-of-State, College of Southern Idaho