Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone (/Thread-TESU-no-longer-accepts-courses-based-on-ACE-NCCRS-recommendation-alone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - jamshid666 - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 11:55 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE.  I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? My second option is CSU Global if TESU stops accepting ACE. Can someone tell me the maximum number of transfer-in credit hours CSU Global will accept? I have about 70 ACE CRs and about 65 from a community college and about 15 from military service.  A few IT certs as well.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm about to start taking two maybe three study.com classes as well.

Doesn’t SL send transcripts for you to TESU?  I honestly thought SL and SDC were the ones you didn’t have to put in ACE.

TESU accepted my StraighterLine courses from my ACE transcript, but they required the SDC ones to be sent directly from SDC.  That said, it's always a good idea to add both SL and SDC to your ACE transcript anyway.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - BrighterFuture88 - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 12:15 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE.  I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? My second option is CSU Global if TESU stops accepting ACE. Can someone tell me the maximum number of transfer-in credit hours CSU Global will accept? I have about 70 ACE CRs and about 65 from a community college and about 15 from military service.  A few IT certs as well.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm about to start taking two maybe three study.com classes as well.

Doesn’t SL send transcripts for you to TESU?  I honestly thought SL and SDC were the ones you didn’t have to put in ACE.

TESU accepted my StraighterLine courses from my ACE transcript, but they required the SDC ones to be sent directly from SDC.  That said, it's always a good idea to add both SL and SDC to your ACE transcript anyway.

Thanks for that heads-up.  I’ll get that knocked out what I finish these upcoming courses.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - dfrecore - 10-11-2019

You should always put all of your ACE stuff onto your ACE transcript!  Even if you don't need it, or don't need to send it, it's a free credit bank, and you never know what will happen in the future with a provider.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - jsh1138 - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 12:03 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 08:53 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I have 6 Shmoop courses on my ACE transcript and I know for a fact that I could have done 5 of them the same day. "Bible as Lit" you can do in an hour if you've ever read the Bible before. The two Shakespeare ones you can do in an hour or two each if you've read Shakespeare. Media literacy and History of Technology are both real short too. That's without cheating.

If I wanted to sit there and google the answers to all the questions, I have no problem thinking I could do 30 in a week or two.

Some people could do the lit courses that quickly, but IMO most could not, even if they had read the books in advance. There was some post about a person who had taught Shakespeare but could not pass Shmoop's course, and I doubt I could do Shmoop Shakespeare in 3 days even though I have very good test taking skills. I spent a few hours on Shmoop Shakespeare and then decided to put it off due to difficulty.

(Bible as Lit was quite different from the other lit courses IMO. That one is not like these other lit courses.)

You're talking about Shakespeare in Context? or the other one? Bc the LL one is mostly questions like "who is so and so's boyfriend?" or "who does so and so kill?". It was pretty straightforward, I thought.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - SweetsugarNL - 10-11-2019

Now i feel stupid that i only finished 3 shmoop courses in one month. And i put a lot of time in it.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - indigoshuffle - 10-12-2019

(10-08-2019, 12:11 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:47 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: If you guys want to blame someone, blame the person who did 30 Shmoop tests in a month, or whatever it was, and made it obvious that this format was just being abused. The lack of proctoring was always going to be an issue sooner or later, and we all knew it.

It's not a coincidence that Study.com recently limited their tests to 5 a month either. You can read between the lines on this stuff and see what the problem is.

30?  Good lord.  That’s just insane.

LOL. I always tell the folks I know who are doing ACE credits to SLOW DOWN just in case they have to actually take the class in a traditional college.

(10-09-2019, 05:39 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 04:12 PM)jsd Wrote: I said months, but in reality it was maybe one or two times separated by literal years. the lady was completely obsessed, and posted all of her "evidence" of how StraighterLine was working against her to steal her money, but the evidence all worked against her and in actuality was super incriminated to her.

She also ran multiple "StraighterLine Sucks" type blogs where she insulted the owner because his son or daughter was in a mixed raced relationship (complete with boatloads of racial and homophobic slurs). She was clearly unwell, and everything she was doing ensured she never garnered any sympathy for her bogus claims.

Think of how many classes she could have legitimately finished if she had devoted that time and energy to studying instead of writing inflammatory blogs.

good point

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - Mitmike2019 - 10-13-2019

(10-11-2019, 12:15 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

Thank you and all who responded to my inquiry. I emailed my admissions advisor with the same question and she stated that Straighterline credits via ACE transcript are being accepted. I was so worried because I have accumulated quite a few credits in last 8 months. I recently applied to TESU and I'm hyped about it. I will start study.com tomorrow. I know of at least 6 classes I will take there. All for the BSBA in General Management and when finish with GM, I will go for CIS. I hold a few IT certs.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - BrighterFuture88 - 10-15-2019

You guys weren’t kidding when you mentioned TESU would be taking their time with evaluating transcripts. I received an email from them yesterday congratulating me on sending them the transcripts from the 2nd, but proceeded to tell me it would be five more business days before they are ready. XD

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - Merlin - 10-15-2019

(10-15-2019, 12:05 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: You guys weren’t kidding when you mentioned TESU would be taking their time with evaluating transcripts.  I received an email from them yesterday congratulating me on sending them the transcripts from the 2nd, but proceeded to tell me it would be five more business days before they are ready.  XD

That actually seems rather quick. It has taken up to 4-5 weeks after receipt for them to be evaluated in the past.

RE: TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone - tjguitar85 - 10-20-2019

Saylor and Davar are on the "provisionally accepted" list. Does that mean they might stop taking them?