Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
(help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 (/Thread-help-please-TESU-not-taking-Computer-Science-306)

Pages: 1 2

(help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - AwardTour - 10-08-2019

I just emailed TESU to confirm that Study.com's Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture will be accepted as upper level credit as well as
it being applied to Section 3 for my BSBA-CIS. I also asked about 2 other classes.

TESU told me they will not accept Study.com's Computer Architecture class for my degree plan. Is this a recent development? Any ideas on what I can take as an alternative? 

Study.com's "Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design" and "Business 303: Management Information Systems" will both count as UL credit for my degree plan. I already have Computer Science 303: Database Management completed. 

It looks like I will be 3 credits short for my Upper Level requirement. Any ideas for any alternatives that will fit into my BSBA-CIS?

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - TwinMom - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 05:35 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I just emailed TESU to confirm that Study.com's Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture will be accepted as upper level credit as well as
it being applied to Section 3 for my BSBA-CIS. I also asked about 2 other classes.

TESU told me they will not accept Study.com's Computer Architecture class for my degree plan. Is this a recent development? Any ideas on what I can take as an alternative? 

Study.com's "Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design" and "Business 303: Management Information Systems" will both count as UL credit for my degree plan. I already have Computer Science 303: Database Management completed. 

It looks like I will be 3 credits short for my Upper Level requirement. Any ideas for any alternatives that will fit into my BSBA-CIS?

The Study transfer list still shows it as UL at TESU.  Granted it could be updated soon but, seriously, it's getting more difficult to figure out exactly what TESU will accept!!

Edit: Are they saying it won't be UL or just that it won't work in that degree plan? Weird because it IS a Computer Science class!

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - AwardTour - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 05:49 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 05:35 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I just emailed TESU to confirm that Study.com's Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture will be accepted as upper level credit as well as

The Study transfer list still shows it as UL at TESU.  Granted it could be updated soon but, seriously, it's getting more difficult to figure out exactly what TESU will accept!!

Edit:  Are they saying it won't be UL or just that it won't work in that degree plan?  Weird because it IS a Computer Science class!

My email to TESU was asking if it was UL or not. They emailed me back saying it can't even be applied to my degree plan. I think it can be an elective but it will not be applied to my AOS(area of study).

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - Ideas - 10-08-2019

TECEP Network Technology

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - shadowgem - 10-08-2019

I'm sorry to hear that. Just experienced the same only with a ton of courses that they say no longer are credit eligible. At least you can still use it as a free elective.

Try SDC's Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising. It was accepted in the BSBA CIS degree AOS a while back. Hopefully it is still an option.

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - AwardTour - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 06:08 PM)shadowgem Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that. Just experienced the same only with a ton of courses that they say no longer are credit eligible. At least you can still use it as a free elective.

Try SDC's Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising. It was accepted in the BSBA CIS degree AOS a while back. Hopefully it is still an option.

I have not taken the class yet, I was emailing them before I took it to guard against that scenario. I will email them about BUS309, thanks.

(10-08-2019, 05:58 PM)Ideas Wrote: TECEP Network Technology

Thanks, I will keep that in-mind as a backup. Thanks.

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - akr680 - 10-08-2019

Last week, I had a call with "Program Advisor" and she told that I can't do BSBA - CIS & BS IT.

"There is a 9 credit maximum of overlap that you can have between the two-degree programs that they are both closely related. If possible please review the degree programs and select the degree program you would like to pursue."

I think then the same rule will apply for BS IT and BA CompSc too.

May I know what are all the courses accepted in CIS Electives 12 SH? I did SDC Software Engineering and 3 more is pending.

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - AwardTour - 10-10-2019

I just received a response from TESU that Study.com's "Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising" will count as upper level credit as well as count towards the area of study for a BSBA-CIS. This means it is still possible to get all of your upper level AOS requirements done through Study.com.

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - Lewis.Yim - 10-10-2019

Hey AwardTour, just wondering and wanting to confirm - What are the 5 courses that can be done entirely through Study.com?

RE: (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 - AwardTour - 10-10-2019

(10-10-2019, 01:53 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hey AwardTour, just wondering and wanting to confirm - What are the 5 courses that can be done entirely through Study.com?

There are 4 courses now, not 5. Computer Science 306 at one time in the past may have counted towards a BSBA-CIS's area of study and upper level requirements, but that is no longer the case.

For TESU's BSBA-CIS there are 12 UL credits required in the Area of Study. 

Here is what will currently (as of October 2019) work from Study.com:

Computer Science 303: Database Management
 Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design
 Business 303: Management Information Systems
 Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising