Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT (/Thread-TESU-BS-IT-vs-BS-AST-IT)

Pages: 1 2 3

TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - akr680 - 10-11-2019

What is the difference between BS Information Technology and BS AST - IT degree?

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - dfrecore - 10-11-2019

Where do you see the BS AST - IT degree?

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - LevelUP - 10-11-2019

Academic Evaluation shows BS AST - IT but throws an error if you try to pull it up.

BS Computer Science vs BS Information Technology there is no difference academic wise.

Except Information Technology adds 1 extra math + 2 Chemistry requirements.

But you could take exactly the same courses shown in Information Technology as a Computer Science major.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - akr680 - 10-11-2019

Please find the attached screenshot. It is listed in the Academic evaluation page.

As I am sure, I can't do Chem 2 or Physics 2 with Lab, therefore, exploring options other than BS IT.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - allvia - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 03:23 PM)akr680 Wrote: Please find the attached screenshot. It is listed in the Academic evaluation page.

As I am sure, I can't do Chem 2 or Physics 2 with Lab, therefore, exploring options other than BS IT.

Study.com now offers both the Chem I & Chem II w/lab as an option.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - shadowgem - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 03:43 PM)allvia Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 03:23 PM)akr680 Wrote: Please find the attached screenshot. It is listed in the Academic evaluation page.

According to the SDC/TESU Transfer Guide, it does not look like TESU is recognizing it as a Chemistry II + Lab course. I wonder if anyone has tried to transfer it in successfully to meet the Chemistry II/Lab requirement.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - akr680 - 10-11-2019

Last week, I emailed to TESU advisors to check If they allow PHY 1 and Chem 1 instead of PHY1 & PHY2 or Chem 1 & Chem 2.

Physics 1 and Chemistry 1 would be easy.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - dfrecore - 10-12-2019

(10-11-2019, 04:00 PM)shadowgem Wrote:

According to the SDC/TESU Transfer Guide, it does not look like TESU is recognizing it as a Chemistry II + Lab course. I wonder if anyone has tried to transfer it in successfully to meet the Chemistry II/Lab requirement.

I don't think the transfer guide has been updated since the Chem II lab was added.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - akr680 - 10-12-2019

I will just do BSBA - CIS, and Entrepreneurship and then will plan for MS - Data Analytics. BS IT will delay my progress towards MS.

RE: TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT - shadowgem - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 07:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 04:00 PM)shadowgem Wrote:

I don't think the transfer guide has been updated since the Chem II lab was added.

Yea maybe not. TESU seems to follow that transfer guide with SDC, so I'm not sure they will count the lab until they do update it.