Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit (/Thread-Saylor-English-Composition-1-ACE-credit)

Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - durain - 10-12-2019

Noted the following entry  for Saylor at ACENET website :

English Composition I (ENGL001)
Credit Type:     Course
ACE Course Number:     0042
Organization:     Saylor Academy
Length:     43 hours (self-paced), 43 hours
Dates Offered:     6/1/2019 - 5/30/2022

This should be the cheapest 3 credits for English Composition 1.
Any sucess credit transfer story to share?

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - dfrecore - 10-12-2019

Not cheaper than the CLEP exam (which is free if taken through Modern States).

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - durain - 10-13-2019

(10-12-2019, 07:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not cheaper than the CLEP exam (which is free if taken through Modern States).

Interesting. Is the free CLEP exam applicable for an international student not residing in the USA?

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - dfrecore - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 12:27 AM)durain Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 07:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not cheaper than the CLEP exam (which is free if taken through Modern States).

Interesting. Is the free CLEP exam applicable for an international student not residing in the USA?

Ah..depends on where you live, I think most CLEP test centers are in the US or on military bases.

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - SweetsugarNL - 10-13-2019

Im wondering if it transfers to COSC.

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - SweetsugarNL - 10-14-2019

Got this from Saylor: ENGL001 will be available for credit pretty soon (hopefully by December) -- we are working to arrange for essay grading before the exam will available. (Most of our credit exams are multiple-choice only, but this one will be multiple choice and a short essay.)

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - indigoshuffle - 10-14-2019

(10-13-2019, 01:08 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 12:27 AM)durain Wrote:

Ah..depends on where you live, I think most CLEP test centers are in the US or on military bases.

My family and I decided to use ACE credits because it's been such a hassle for us to find a CLEP testing center near us. A few of the centers at local colleges recently changed over to only allowing THEIR students to use the CLEP testing center!! I wonder if they think they'll lose money.

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - dfrecore - 10-15-2019

(10-14-2019, 06:22 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote: My family and I decided to use ACE credits because it's been such a hassle for us to find a CLEP testing center near us. A few of the centers at local colleges recently changed over to only allowing THEIR students to use the CLEP testing center!! I wonder if they think they'll lose money.

That's the exact opposite of losing money.  If you allow your own students to take CLEP exams, you're allowing them to CLEP out of classes.  If you allow non-students to take CLEP exams, then you're making money from your test-center fees.

But yes, finding a convenient CLEP center can be a pain, which is why I avoid them as well.

RE: Saylor English Composition 1 - ACE credit - SweetsugarNL - 12-22-2019

There are still no updates Sad