Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs (/Thread-TESU-Credit-for-Literature-CLEPs)

TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - Yenisei - 10-22-2019

Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         
  I already have 3 semester credits in American Literature, so there is no need for me to take that CLEP unless there is an additional 3 credits to be had. I also plan to take the Technical Writing DSST and some English courses from SDC and Coopersmith.

RE: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - shadowgem - 10-22-2019

(10-22-2019, 12:13 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         
  I already have 3 semester credits in American Literature, so there is no need for me to take that CLEP unless there is an additional 3 credits to be had. I also plan to take the Technical Writing DSST and some English courses from SDC and Coopersmith.

I haven't transferred those specific CLEPS, but the TESU CLEP transfer guide shows the literature cleps* in addition to a few other downgraded exams as still awarding 6 credits. 

Quote:* CLEP subject examination update. Thomas Edison State University has conducted an academic program review on this exam. Credit awarded for this exam will be considered TESU assessment credit, not TESU-CLEP credit, and will show on the official transcript under TESU assessment credit.

RE: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - Murdockb - 10-22-2019

(10-22-2019, 12:13 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         

My daughter transferred those CLEPS in this year.

Analyzing Lit, 6 credits, fulfills TESU courses LIT291, LIT292
American Lit, 6 credits, fulfills TESU courses LIT205, LIT206
English Lit, 6 credits,fulfills TESU courses  LIT208, LIT209

RE: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - BrighterFuture88 - 10-22-2019

I had my Analyzing Lit CLEP score transferred to TESU last week and they gave me 6 credits. As Murdockb mentioned above, they come in as LIT291 & LIT292. Though, they did place them in my Liberal Studies General Coursework (12SH) section.

RE: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - Yenisei - 10-22-2019

Thanks everyone for that!

RE: TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs - jsh1138 - 10-24-2019

I did American Lit this year and it transferred into TESU as both American Lit 1 & 2. 6 credits